Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-06, 09:29 AM

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72
Default Vegas HoldEm

Here's a little spin on the traditional hold'em games we know and love...created by a couple of my friends.

You play the game like normal, except when action in the hand gets down to just two people, if both players agree, each player picks one of the other player's hole cards for them to turn over.

You end up seeing one of your opponent's cards, but they're not picking the card, so they can't NOT expose the ace they might have, etc.

It's a lot of fun...can be a real action killer if the card exposed happens to be one that pairs the board, and beats your hand, or if can create a lot of action if the neither card exposed seems to fit in with the board at all.

We played this frequently the last time we were in Vegas - everyone loved it. Give it a try sometime!
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 02-10-06, 01:35 PM
Short Stack

thats sounds like a great fun new twist to the game .....maybe the powers to be in the sites should write software for heads up tournys that allows this and see how it goes.
Old 02-10-06, 03:05 PM
Champion

I agree - that sounds really fun. I would really like to give that a try - not for money at first, obviously, but who knows, maybe it will catch on like wildfire just like NL Holdem did.

It adds a whole new strategical element to the game. The strategy, and playing your opponent (not just the cards), is one of the things that really appeals to me. That's part of the reason I enjoy poker, and play as much as I do.

Definitely want to give it a try
Old 02-14-06, 05:53 AM
Bubble

That sounds interesting. However, it seems to be more of a gimick. In my home game it is hard enough to get people to play such wild games as Omaha for crying out loud.
This would not go over big. I remember the first time I mentioned Omaha Hi-Lo after we initally played Omaha. Everyone is like you have an unfair advantage.

I like your open minded home gamers.
Sounds good - keep on the good work.
Old 02-14-06, 09:50 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

I agree, this game doesn't sound that great to me. It sounds more like a gimmick game that I may playif I'm bored enough. I think that these kind of spin-offs pf games are kind of silly, but that's just my opinion. If you have fun playing them, you should continue to. They're just not for me.
Old 02-15-06, 04:57 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

It's another small twist to the normal texas holdem game. The idea is good, but I think it could use some adjustments. I think a lot of these games are being created for something different. Many of the poker boom players are starting to get tired of the same old game and new stuff is being invented and tried out. This is just my opinion, but I think it's right on.
Old 06-03-06, 05:49 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Me and a couple of friends played vegas holdem last night and it was pretty fun. We were a bit short handed so we though we would make it intersting. It really sucks though when you flop trip Kingsand the other guy turns over your instead of your But other then that it was really fun.

We also took the game a step farther by playing the same thing but with Omaha and fliping over two of the other guys cards. That game is totally crazy.