Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Bad Beats?
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-06, 07:39 AM
Banned

BBP Points: 0
Default AA goes down in a big spot

35 people left in the $10 buyin $3500 MTT at Titan poker.
I've got AA with about 8,000 chips which is an above average stack at this point. The chip leader raises to 3,200 preflop from the big blind after I limped from the small blind. The other guy that had called the blind folded to his raise. I went allin when it came back to me. He called and flipped over KJ offsuit... some chipleader huh

so we go to the flop ...
K44 Rainbow
I'm confident at this point as i know his only out now that the board has paired is one of the remaining Kings in the deck.
The turn comes: 6
No help to him.
And of course, as I pray for no king, it comes on the river and i'm out.

.... i hate reckless chipleaders
Old 02-09-06, 12:16 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Hard luck,
With AA (86%) against KJo (14%) the odds are heavily in your favor.

By limping in, He figured that a strong raise would sweep the bets from two mediocre hands. He was, more than likely, pot commited at that time.

Going All-in against one opponent is usually ideal. The only problem is that it was up against the chip leader, when getting close to the money. I also did a similar thing, going All-in with AA against KQs and got knocked out by a Boat. Nowadays, I think twice about risking my tournament life when getting close to the Bubble.

Where was the Bubble?
What were the blinds? ($400/$800 ?)

Iceberg
(I feel your pain)
Old 02-09-06, 07:10 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

I more than feel your pain dude. I had a situation about the same a few months back on titan. I was playing a 2,500 guarenteed and 30 cashed. 31 are left and my stack is 7,000. I tell myself to just sit back and let the short stack with 300 knocked out. A few hands later in the bb I see AA. The 3rd guy to act moves all in with 25k and it comes aroud to me. Not a hard decision here as I quickly call. He turns over AK and rivers a flush on me. Not only does AA go down with a chance to get in good position for finish, but I finish one out of the money. Needless to say the remote went flying down the stairs and I went for a drive to cool off.
Old 02-10-06, 12:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, I often throw my remote too. Not to mention my dog when he is around.
Old 02-14-06, 05:56 AM
Bubble

I have had terrible luck lately with AA and KK. I think I have been losing at an 80% clip. Yester day I had KK and not only did an A pop up but so did three suited cards.

Later I had KK again, and two Jacks popped up so I put the breaks on after the turn brought the second jack. The river puts out an A and the guy turns over A10.

However, tough beat with the AA. On the bright side, we all have these streaks and sadly we should try to forget them and remeber when our AA hold up 10 times in a row.