Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Bad Beats?
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-06, 11:13 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot
Default Terrible luck today on the tables

I was playing at Titan poker today at some regular tables, .05/.10 NL. Anyways, 1st hand I come into is pocket kings. I'm thinking "Allright, gonna get off to a fast start", right? WRONG. I raise .40, guy re-raises all in for about 3.40, I'm thinking there is no way he has aces. I was correct, my pocket kings were dominating his pocket 5s.

My 1st thought, of course, was why the hell is he moving in with pocket 5s? Well he must have seen the flop coming because it hit me like a sack of bricks. 5-7-10. Just perfect, now I'm now about $3.50 and I just started. Can't get much worse, right? WRONG.

About 15 minutes later I am involved in another hand. We both had about $1.50 in the pot and I was holding K-9, he was holding 7-6. The board reads 9-8-9-2. I bet $1, he calls. I'm thinking I'm good with my set of 9s and a king kicker, and I was correct. River card was a 5, he bets $1.50, I call, more great luck.

I did end up only down $1 after all of this, which I was quite pleased about. I'm mostly glad that I didn't blow up and get off of my game.
Old 01-24-06, 10:48 AM
Banned

That's criminal... WOW.......... I hate hearing stuff like that.. happens to me all the time
Old 01-24-06, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Gotta love the micro tables... So many people just look at the bet amounts, etc. as the money the represent, and what's a dollar?? They don't look at things in the sense of how much of their stack, your stack, and what size the pot is, etc. Can be very frustrating. Sorry about your bad luck, hope it turns around soon.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 01-24-06, 11:45 AM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker
Default :Ad: :Kd: > :As: :Ac:

I know this feeling as last night I finished 16th in a tourney paying out to 15 people. I was going to hold off playing hands and let a sit out with 200 chips fall because I was about 8th in chips with 7,700. Right when I say this though I see pocket aces. Well a guy 2nd to act raises all in with over 20,000 chips and I may be stupid to have thought this, but I said YES...build my stack into a great postion for nice cash. I call and turns over A-K of diamonds. It was then that I said to myself. Being a 85% favorite sucks because the flop came out J-8-8 with two diamonds. Next card was a diamond and I finished 16th. Not that I can blame him for going all in with that (although I wouldn't in that position), but it pissed me off badly.

It's amazing how that I get 1 bad beat on someone to every 10 they get on me. So as of today I am starting a bad beat log. I'm going to only count bad beats are really bad like that one where I was a huge favorite with all my money in. I will then count how many I get on other people and after a week see how many I come out below. Hopefully I found out that it's not as bad a margin as I think it is.

>
Old 01-24-06, 01:24 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

I played in the 1500 GP today at 4:00pm and first hand was KK. I raised 3.5x the BB and two guys moved all-in. I even typed in, "I guarantee my KK loses." QQ hits a Q on the turn. I rebuy and get JJ the first hand after and again I raise it pre. I'm put all in by the guy who immediately pushed his QQ first hand so I called. He had QJs of diamonds and turned a flush. My rebuy tourny record= 0-2
Old 01-27-06, 06:07 PM
Champion

New update:

Playing in a $50 tourney. Short stacked, I go all in with A-Q, 20 spots out of the money. I get called by a guy who has A-10. Flop comes 10-5-10. That's just awesome. The play was terrible in the tourney and there was BS river cards everywhere.

Thats my rant for the night.
Old 01-27-06, 09:49 PM
Champion

Yearbook aren't you the one who said, "Not to be mean man but Aces are way overated pre-flop. I found that out way to many times." Then went on to say, "The fact that I lost 4 times in one day a couple nights ago with aces prooves this. The key is that I only lost a few chips each time"

Well guess you should have taken your own advice buddy. Maybe you should just fold Pocket aces from now on since its such an overrated hand pre-flop.
Old 01-28-06, 12:41 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

Maybe you didn't read my post on pocket Aces very well. I said they are overated, but not to play them like an idiot. In the bad beat above another guy went all in with A-K preflop. I don't know about you, but I am going to call with A-A everytime. If you don't your not very smart. I was pissed about this time in general more though because he had an Ace and therefor was dominated even more. I also finished one spot from cashing which ticked me off a bit more.
Old 01-28-06, 02:29 PM
Champion

tough one buddy.
Old 01-29-06, 12:05 AM
Champion

FANtastic luck for me today too, I should have made the title of this thread my bad beat log. I played in 3 freerolls tonight and lost in all of them through bad beats. I don't exactly remember all of the hands where I should have won and lost. The biggest one that stands out is this one.

I was down to 160 in the tourney which started at 1500 chips a person. After a miracle quadruple up, I was at about 640, I doubled up again. and I was at about 1200. On the verge of comming back, this guy who was going all in all day moved in on me again. I look at my cards and I see A-K staring at me in the faced. I'm thinking "Great I can get a quick double-up from this guy because he's been putting his chips in like crazy". Well it turns out he had a decent hand in pocket 5s. The only problem with this is that someone else called, but now I have a chance to tripple up. The other opponet has A-8 of clubs.

The turn came and the 3rd ace was shown. I was in a really dominating position over these 2 other guys, ready to tripple up and become a force in the tourney. The turn is a club, which puts 2 on the board. Of course the river card falls and much to my dismay it's the 3rd club on the board.

After the flop, I was roughly a 70% favorite to win against 2 players, I'll take those odds any day. I'm not saying I would have gone on to cash in this tournament, but after battling all of the way back from 160 chips and losing like that just kind of made me sick.

Fortunately that was the last thing I lost at tonight.