Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Bad Beats?
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-06, 05:41 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 0
Default AA is not my friend!!

Playing in a $10 dollar 10 person sit and go at Poker Time. One guy was knocked out and I was 2nd in chips. Had AA on the gun and raised 3 times the BB and the guy to my left raised all in less $20. Not sure why he saved $20 bucks but anyway I pushed him all in which left me with a couple of hundred. He flips over pocket 10s. No aces for me and he catches his magic 10 on the river. He becomes the big stack and I become the small stack. To make matters worse I am able to hold on and get fourth...

I guess those are the breaks. Its not like he went all in with 2-7 off-suit or something...

Last edited by track1697 : 01-23-06 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 08:05 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

Not to be mean man but Aces are way overated pre-flop. I found that out way to many times. Oh, and what is 1-7 off suite (whats a 1). Just messing with you.
Old 01-23-06, 09:03 PM
Champion

I had bad luck with them today. Lost with them, then got knocked out against the, but I'll take them any chance I can. Sure beats that AK-A10 everyone and their mother likes to go all in with...
Old 01-25-06, 09:07 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I would rather isolate someone pre-flop because the odds are with you in the long run. Been beat plenty of times with unlucky flops. That's poker.
Old 01-25-06, 02:11 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearbookpoker
Not to be mean man but Aces are way overated pre-flop. I found that out way to many times. Oh, and what is 1-7 off suite (whats a 1). Just messing with you.
I completely disagree with you. Aces are the best possible cards you can get in poker for a reason. While my hatred for playing pocket pairs really loose has already been expressed on this board, I believe if you have aces preflop, you need to try to bet them and push out weak hands so they don't make their draws. If this means putting all of your chips in preflop and losing on BS, that's fine, you have to know you made the right play.

If his aces would have held true, like they do 4/5 times in that situation, he would have been in fantastic shape the rest of the tourney.

I like the move, bad beat right there. Just have to shake it off and try to get 'em the next tourney.
Old 01-25-06, 03:34 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

Maybe you didn't understand that very well or get the exactly what I was saying there Bsgutshot. When I say aces are way over rated pre-flop I am saying that most people think this hand is invincible. They feel like they are going to be a 90% favorite no matter what. Actually though aces are not that good at all, especially if your up against 2 or more people. I was trying to make a point that aces are a great hand to have obviously (being the best and all), but they can be beat and are not close to being invincible. The fact that I lost 4 times in one day a couple nights ago with aces prooves this. The key is that I only lost a few chips each time but once when I was sucked out by AJ when the guy nailed runner runner Jacks on me to make quad Jacks.
Old 01-25-06, 05:24 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

Quote:
Maybe you didn't understand that very well or get the exactly what I was saying there Bsgutshot. When I say aces are way over rated pre-flop I am saying that most people think this hand is invincible. They feel like they are going to be a 90% favorite no matter what. Actually though aces are not that good at all, especially if your up against 2 or more people. I was trying to make a point that aces are a great hand to have obviously (being the best and all), but they can be beat and are not close to being invincible. The fact that I lost 4 times in one day a couple nights ago with aces prooves this. The key is that I only lost a few chips each time but once when I was sucked out by AJ when the guy nailed runner runner Jacks on me to make quad Jacks.
Perhaps you should elaborate a little more next time. You plainly stated that aces were over-rated, and I feel that they are not. The point of playing the hand strong is to get the other hands out. If you go heads up, you are obviosly the big favorite most of the time.
Old 01-26-06, 05:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
The fact that I lost 4 times in one day a couple nights ago with aces prooves this.

You got pocket rockets 4 times in 1 night and lost all 4?!? You must play a lot of online poker or be the luckiest (pocket AAs 4xs)/unluckiest (losing 4 times) person in the world. As for being invinsible, i know pocket aces aren't invincible thats why I raised 3 times the BB so to cut my chances of getting out drawn. Guy re-raised all in (except 20) what am I going to do fold. I got to make the call and he had pocket 10s which pretty much gives him 2 outs. I'll take those odds anyday, I got unlucky that time, but I won't lose 4 times in a row playing pocket aces that way.
Old 02-06-06, 04:42 PM
Banned

I recently lost AA's to suited connectors. Just my luck.