Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-06, 09:43 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen
Default This might sound dumb but

can someone explain exactly what a TURBO tournament is? I've never played in one and I'd like to know exactly what happens before I put my money in. Does it just give you less time to make a decision or do the blinds increase a lot more quickly?

EDIT: Wrong section. I was looking at BadAndy's bad beat in a turbo tourny and I accidentally posted this in here.

NP, moved it! - Texas72

Last edited by AGreen : 01-21-06 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-21-06, 10:27 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

The turbo tourneys are basically this. The blinds will go up in shorter time than normal. At titan the blinds usually go up about every 10 minutes but in a turbo they will go up every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure thats how it works. They aren't bad to play in because you can get them done really quick. I also believe that in the turbo tourneys you have less time to act. Like maybe normally you have 20 seconds you would only have 10 seconds, but I'm not certain of that.
Old 01-21-06, 11:22 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

OK thanks, I assumed that's what they were but I wanted clarification. Thanks yearbook
Old 01-31-06, 11:41 PM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearbookpoker
The turbo tourneys are basically this. The blinds will go up in shorter time than normal. At titan the blinds usually go up about every 10 minutes but in a turbo they will go up every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure thats how it works. They aren't bad to play in because you can get them done really quick. I also believe that in the turbo tourneys you have less time to act. Like maybe normally you have 20 seconds you would only have 10 seconds, but I'm not certain of that.

Year, you have it right about the blinds but not sure on the time factor to tell the truth I've never really paid attention to the time limit so it's probably the same. That's awful not to know since I play them all the time lol. In fact I only play the turbo's now at Titan's sit and go tables to me it sorta keeps things hoping, I like the Turbo Brussels the best. When I play a regular tournament it seems to last forever lol. Give it a try AGreen you will probably like them.
Old 02-01-06, 09:37 AM
Bust

Default Extreme Turbo

If you really want a quick game, try the extreme turbo $2 sit and gos at a prima site. I play at Purple lounge. The blinds go up every 3 hands and the games are definately extremely fast! 5 players, $7 for first and $3 for second. Play your cards right and these can be quite profitable, play them wrong and its a very quick exit!
Old 03-12-06, 02:32 PM
Short Stack

Those extreme TURBO's are ok....but sometimes I think Luck is more prevelent on those than Skill...Now I dont play alot of Turbo's as I try and stay away from them, but I know that when I played on The Gaming Club and BetonUSA.com (hated em) their turbos also alowed like 3 second to make a decision to check, bet, raise. or fold... which made for some crazy stuff...

I think it was one of the reason I quit paying on those sites...Horrible stuff...

Ernie
Old 03-13-06, 01:26 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I used to play quite a few Turbo tournaments because they are quick and very intense. You have to manage your stack and watch it when the blinds start to eat at everyone's stack. I consider them the Crack Cocaine of Poker. Very addictive.
Old 01-22-06, 01:41 PM
Bust

Default answer

blinds go up faster
Old 04-09-06, 04:45 PM
Banned

turbo tourneys are awsome does anyone or did anyone remember playing the turbo freerolls at party poker a while back those were so fun but they were practically impossible. i think i only cashed once and it was for 4 bucks or something like that.