Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-06, 08:13 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker
Default The best hand you ever played?

In honor of ESPN's "The best hand I ever played" I decided to put this on the forum and here some good stories on the best hand you ever played.

The best hand I ever played came around a year ago when I was in a $20+1 SNG tourney which at that time was huge for me. I started out on fire and before I knew it I was chip leader and down to only 4. The next hand gets dealt out and I have A-Q of hearts. I was in the small blind and everyone folded to me so I just limped in calling the bb. He checked it and the flop came Q-10-9 of spades. I wanted to push out his flush draw or straight draw that I though he may have so I bet a quarter of his stack. He called me though and the turn came out 3 of diamonds. I just checked this time and wanted to see what he would do thinkin I still had him beat. He then checks the the turn comes out 4 of diamonds. I then bet again the same amount as after the flop. He raises me all in and I thought to myself for a minute on what to do. I then place him on K-J and that he just slow played it. Sure enough although I folded he shows his cards and its the str8 flush K-J of spades. I didn't put him on the straight flush, but I was right. This may not seam as too hard to lay down but I was commanding chip leader and most would have thrown away alot more to the guy who then would have become leader. Instead I went on to win the tourney and look back on that hand as to why.

I want to hear some great played hands.

Last edited by Yearbookpoker : 01-17-06 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-17-06, 05:36 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

That stinks. That's also quite an interesting turn. The 4 of diamonds of spades. lol

I haven't had any "the best hand I ever played" quality hands lately, I've just kept solid and minimized stupid mistakes.
Old 01-17-06, 06:14 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

I screwed up twice in the post. I'm dissapointed in myself and I would like this opportunity to say sorry to a few people.

I'm sorry to my parents, friends (well all 3 of them), and lastly my other relatives who wouldn't give 1 toe for me. I shall never post again with such in proper grammer.

No really though. I got excited over my loss that hand. I though I made such a great laydown.
Old 01-18-06, 07:23 AM
Banned

No you didn't ... lol

Your hand was relatively weak with so many spades and draw cards out there. It was an EASY fold... lol

but yea u did well i guess.
Old 01-18-06, 07:28 AM
Banned

The best hand I have ever played was in a freeroll at the final table with 7 people remaining. Not a big prize pool, but still, I played my best hand in it. I am dealt 89 of clubs, one of my favorite hands, so I call the big blind. The big blind checks. Flop was AK8. No clubs. I check to him, and he bets rather large. I know this guy is reckless and bluffs a lot. I put him on a complete bluff immediately. I call his big bet. Turn is another A. Now I am immensely confident with my hand for some reason. I check again though. He bets about 3x as much as he did on the flop, which nearly puts me allin. I raise allin, and he FOLDS. I read him like a book and he was clearly pot committed and didn't call-- because his cards were too weak and he didn't want to lose any more than he already had. His final bet was a lot more than what I raised, so I know he was holding crap cards.
Old 01-22-06, 08:26 PM
Champion

Send a message via AIM to BSgutshot

The best hand I ever played was one where I was playin at a home game and I was dealt pocket aces 1st hand of the night. My friend was holding K-Q, he bets 5 times the BB, I called it slow-playing him into a trap. Flop comes up K-J-7. He moves all in, in order to get some chips to start the tournament an maybe get me to call and take all my chips early. Anyhoo, I called it, obviously and he was quite angry. Anyway, next card comes Q and now I am quite upset, but the river gave me trip aces and the win and I got to knock my friend out early.

You may ask why this is the best hand I ever played. Well I was on a terrible slump at the time and neeed something to get out of it. I just feel that this hand turned my play around.

I did end up going on to win in that tournament and started me on a tear where I won a lot of money within the following weeks, so I see it as a jump start to my game.