Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Freeroll Tournament
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Closed Thread

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-06, 05:34 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default How good are you?

There is a guy who says only loyal memers can join a freeroll... Then there is other forums who include anyone who registered but those sites the same loyal members usually win. In this forum I think the loyal members are all fishes or they are scared of playing all of us. So tell me whats wrong you can only last in a tourney of 30 players or do you think you could handle 500 maybe even 600? Tell me whats wrong? DEFEND YOURSELF!!
Old 01-15-06, 05:39 PM
Short Stack

Relax, buddy. The freerolls are sponsored by the forum so it makes sense that people who contribute should be eligible. I see the sense in that, and am trying to earn it, though I really like the forum and plan to be a regular contributor in the future -- but that's the point, I was attracted to this forum by the nice freeroll on a site I play, I get a nice new forum to participate in and maybe some freerolls, and the forum gets a new contributing member.

The members here are free to play lots of anonymous 500-person freerolls anywhere if they want to, it doesn't mean they shouldn't try to have tournaments that feature the contributing members of this site.
Old 01-15-06, 06:24 PM
Chip Leader

Thanks beriac for the comment you made, i couldn't have put it better.
but i will say a few more words or so in reply to the original post.
seeing as i'm not a good talker i'll just be direct about it.

the whole purpose of a "private" freeroll is to allow only those who meet certain criteria to be eligible to play.
surely if we let anyone be able to participate, we might as well call it a public freeroll why don't we?

now it's not like the requirements we've set is that high.
all we ask for is for our existing and new members to enjoy and actively participate in the BBP community.
that means, no, we do'nt set a certain number of required posts and anyone who passes it can qualify. as long as there's an element of contribution to the forums, they will be invited. that means, someone who posted 30 messages may still not qualify if they aren't actually contributing anything to the forum compared to someone who posted 7 and is already being part of our community.

it's a freeroll set up by BBP, for those in BBP, so i don't see what's so hard to understand when we say only loyal members of BBP may participate...
Old 01-19-06, 09:42 PM
Bust

Default hey

I think it makes perfect sense to only allow people who have contributed. I think having only 50 people able to join is a good thing once you get a little higher than that you are going to have jackazzes who do not actually wanna play the game right and will just go all in with garbage and try to get lucky. If you beat 500 or more players it doesnt make you any better than someone who only beats 50. I win on pokerchamps 1500 people freeroll all the time but I only do because more than half those people suck so i can take advantage of that.
Old 01-20-06, 01:36 PM
Bust

Talking I See, Said the Bear

I see how this works now.

I contribute in some fashion and you decide whether I am in or whethere I go back to my cave and hibernate for another 3 months.

Whatever your rules are, that's okay by me. I will keep checking the registered list to see what caliber or player you are allowing in.

Now if you really want to WIN, invite ME, cause I have never won one....LOL

Yours Truly,
6PackBear

p.s. Be kind to animals week is approaching
Old 01-22-06, 08:09 PM
Short Stack

How good is someone who apparently feels all forums should set their standards as low as possible so he can meet them? Afraid you don't have enough of value to say?
Old 01-23-06, 05:23 PM
Champion

Nice post REZ. Somehow I don't think your going to get the invite to the next freeroll. I think this forum has is doing it the right way. Other forums that require say 3 posts people just quickly may three worthless posts so they can get the password. Then the password is giving hours in advanced and then it is spammed all over the world and people who never even seen the forum are in the tourny.

How many got into the freeroll on Sunday anyway? 30ish? Thats a nice little freeroll to get the invite too. I'm going to do my best to be a LOYAL BBP member.
Old 01-24-06, 11:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Ok gang, I'm closing this thread - doesn't do much good to try and convince someone who is against the freeroll requirement that they're wrong, etc. While we certaintly appreciate the support from those of you who realize the benfits of being a forum member, the truth is that if someone doesn't like our "rules" then they are welcome to find another site whose policies they do agree with.

The vast majority of you realize that these freerolls are designed to be benefits to the forum participants, and encourage on-going poker discussion. And for that we thank you.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Closed Thread