Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Player's Lounge
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-05, 11:25 AM

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72
Default New Year's Goals?

Most people make resolutions in the New Year, but poker players tend to make goals. What are yours?
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 12-30-05, 11:52 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174
Default goal

Im not big on making specific longer term goals from myself because I find that the goals I want for myself have changed in two months.

So my general goal for 2006 is to win more than I loose.
Old 01-07-06, 10:28 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

I'd like to get my bankroll back up to where I liked it and hopefully play in 2/3 WSOP events. I looked back at 05 and realized that I wasn't really in enough live tournaments.
Old 01-13-06, 07:50 PM
Chip Leader

Send a message via AIM to Yearbookpoker

My new years poker goal is simple. Win, win and after I win a few tournaments I would love to win some more. Well besides just winning I want to take a bankroll of $236 on titan poker and get it over $1,000 although I will be cashing it out every now and then to make sure I dont blow it all.
Old 02-01-06, 02:55 PM
Bubble

I do not get to play as much online as i would like due to law school and the bar exam. However, I would like to be up $500 on the year. I was up $200 and flying but a bad day knocked that down a bit. So $500 is still the goal.
Old 02-01-06, 04:31 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreen
I'd like to get my bankroll back up to where I liked it and hopefully play in 2/3 WSOP events. I looked back at 05 and realized that I wasn't really in enough live tournaments.

AGreen did you play in any WSOP events last year?

As for goals. Last year I probably won a couple grand and I'd be happy to do that again. Though my goal this year might be to keep a better track of my wins and losses.
Old 02-01-06, 04:41 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by track1697
AGreen did you play in any WSOP events last year?

As for goals. Last year I probably won a couple grand and I'd be happy to do that again. Though my goal this year might be to keep a better track of my wins and losses.

No, I made my yearly Vegas trip a few months too early. While I was in Vegas I played in a $50 tourny two days in a row at Binion's and finished 2/13, Winner took $1k and final two tables got paid. It payed for the trip and some, plus I'm willing to risk some money for the WSOP after a year of good online play.

Has anyone made the trip to AC for the US Championship? It's not as packed as the WSOP and it's closer to home (for me), so if I'm not allowed to make the Vegas trip because of the ball and chain I should be able to at least play in the USPC this year. Of course it's not for another 8 months...
Old 02-01-06, 04:52 PM
Champion

I need to get me a yearly Vegas trip! I got to go out there last year for a week for work, but that was the 1st time I have been out there since I have been even close to being legal. At least I'm close to AC.

As for the USPC I have not played in that. I have never played in a tourney with an entry fee more than $50 bucks. I'd have to win a satellite if I wanted to enter a big tourney like that. I'll have to get down to AC and enter in some of them when they start up.

Last edited by track1697 : 02-01-06 at 04:53 PM. Reason: I kant spel or type