Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Player's Lounge
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-05, 03:58 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174
Default Best Poker Quotes

This Thread is for any great poker quotes that you have heard while playing live or online. They can be funny, deep, or just something memorable a player said while you were playing.

My best quote that I have ever heard came last night while i was playing a home game with my friends. We were playing holdem and there were two people still in after the turn and three cards to a straight out on the board. One guy bet out and my other friend, who we like to call "The Bulganator" quickly folded. After that the bulganator said nice straight. Other other guy turned over his hand and sure enough he had a striaght. Then the bulganator said

"thats right, I can read you faster than I read books"

After that we all laughed for about five min before we started playing again. It was funny at the time but you might have had to be there.

Last edited by Acorn89 : 12-20-05 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-19-05, 09:55 PM

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

My favorite comes from my friend Chris -

Quote:
Meanwhile a LAG across the table decided that my raise with KQs wasn't enough, and reraised me from the BB. I immediately put him on AK, and when 3 rags came out, he put out a bet that was about the third of the pot. Looking at it, it was extremely iffy and I raised all-in. He called and showed rockets.

The Turn: King.

The River: Queen.

The money: Mine.

The LAG, still the chip leader even after doubling me up, starts berating my call. Uh, excuse me? I didn't call your bet, I raised you all in. If you had put me all in, I would have folded, but that's not how it worked. I bluffed, you caught me, and I outdrew you. Shut up.

I used that line myself during a game at a poker club where I had pocket twos, facing a flop of all over-cards. Tried to bluff at, got caught, and ended up hitting my set on the river. Instant tilt for the guy in the hand, and my friends still talk about how funny it was when I used that line then.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 12-20-05, 04:38 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0

Home game... 8 people in the tourney.. lots of chatter.. two people in the pot..... big raise from first too act.... get kinda quiet... a comment is made..

"got kinda quiet in here"

So, without missing a beat... the person with the big raise in front of them..

"That is the sound of losing"

and he folds.....

( might had to have been there )