Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Freeroll Tournament
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-05, 10:30 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 0
Default To All The Newcomers Wanting To Play In The Freeroll

This isn't within the area of my responsibility.
Please do not PM me hoping to be added to the Freeroll.

Firstly, I'm not in charge of registering the players
Secondly, this is a freeroll for the MEMBERS OF THE FORUM.

As you should have all read, the one and only thing we ask from you is to contribute to the forums.
Now for that criteria to be met, I don't really think joining up and posting 5 messages along the lines of "Freeroll...this, freeroll that...." is going to qualify.

It's unlikely that you'd be entered into the upcoming tournament as you haven't had the time to contribute to the forums.

By no means am i saying go away though.
Stick around, start up some new threads, write quality replies to others posts.
I'm sure there's lots you can learn from here or for you to help the others.

If you contribute to the forum, write quality posts, and your not just a "one-timer" who goes away after a freeroll, maybe then you'll be easily invited to any future freerolls that will take place.

anyways, this isn't my area of responsibility so i'll shut up for now...
Old 12-04-05, 06:28 AM
Short Stack

It is your place.. because otherwise someone like me might come along and say the same thing, yet, less tactfully....

There will be more freerolls to be invited to, not to mention the scores upon scores of freerolls available regardless of any forum you may or may not contribute to.

I hope to read more and more from the new people and their take on the game and any other bits of interesting tidbits they might decide to share..

welcome to this wonderful forum.
Old 12-04-05, 08:36 AM
Champion

Very well said you two. I couldn't have put it better myself.

This is a great forum, with a great community feel - hopefully people will be willing to stick around and contribute, and make this forum even better.
Old 12-04-05, 01:33 PM
Bust

Smile new

well,im new and have been posting alot lately.unfortuneatly,i can not get a spot for some reason.if you have read,im having debt problems .i have posted under texas72's post.i will maintain posting on this and want to meet new people.well,this is all i have to say for now.bye
Old 01-15-06, 04:59 PM
Bust

I'm a new member interested in freerolls and your suggestions sound quite reasonable. It's a good way to force interested parties in becoming good participants rather than just people that sign up and play a freeroll. I've played freerolls on other sites and some do similar things with good results.

I think an important point to consider is that freerolls and the forum feed off of each other.

I've seen people on sites that seem to think their site is the best and only the most hardcare posters should be able to get into the freerolls. Not only did I find that attitude a major turnoff (particulary as a new user), but it's not very realistic as there are so many forums out there that have affiliate sign-ups freerolls, etc and there is a great deal of competition. There's also a big market that will allow for the survival of many of these sorts of sites.

The freerolls bring people as people like me see the name of the freeroll, find the poker site, and check it out. The freerolls ought to be able to bring new people in and increase the profit for the site by allowing some affiliate sign ups. They are also a way to reward loyal members.

I'd make one suggestion. Right now the qualification for the freerolls is arbitrarily decided, best that I can figure. I think a more concrete contribution should be come up and made explicit. You could even make a qualification be something like 7 posts per week to qualifty for freerolls and check the posts to see if anything is suspect, maybe using a character counter to make sure the posts aren't some inane "hi" post 7 times in one thread.
Old 01-15-06, 05:16 PM
Bust

Default thats kool..

i like the way you worded that. it is perfect. no one can get offended, and everyone should want to make better posts after reading that....
very well written and worded.
you are a greatmod.
mikesizl
Old 01-15-06, 05:18 PM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru

Hey benjahuna,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your input about the freeroll. What you suggest has one problem. Putting a count on the number of posts required to qualify for the freeroll defeats the purpose of building a community. The whole point by not putting a count on the posts is to let members decide when and how much to write. If a member is truely enjoying the forum, he will most certainly find himself enrolled in the freeroll.
Old 01-15-06, 05:21 PM
Bust

Default Welp I found this site

I found this site only because there was a freeroll in one hour at Titan Poker. If it weren't for the freeroll I would not have heard of this site ever. But, freerolls I have to turn to for more practice because I lost $400 of my own money within the last 4 months. so I decided to join forums and get a chance at joining on of there freerolls so far I only have contributed to one site like 150 posts since Jan 4 but still tats not a loyal member so I 'am wondering how many posts or how long do I have to be registered for to join one freeroll? 10 months and 3000 posts or 20 years and 1 post? so to all the freerollers out there like myself don't waste your time on getting in a forum and posting many many times it is not worh doing for a $100 or $200 freeroll you probably won't even win. Give the loyal members of this site a break and let the 20 or so people who are eligible play in their tourney because we will only make it difficult for them to win their money. Don't waste your life trying to make the layal list cause it probably won't happen.

so can i get the password to the titan tourney LMAO jokes post your brains out
Old 01-15-06, 06:27 PM
Chip Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezplaya
Don't waste your life trying to make the layal list cause it probably won't happen.

oh believe me, it does happen.
Old 01-15-06, 06:35 PM
Chip Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjahuna
I'd make one suggestion. Right now the qualification for the freerolls is arbitrarily decided, best that I can figure. I think a more concrete contribution should be come up and made explicit. You could even make a qualification be something like 7 posts per week to qualifty for freerolls and check the posts to see if anything is suspect, maybe using a character counter to make sure the posts aren't some inane "hi" post 7 times in one thread.

See I believe we've tried the character counter method. and a few other methods.
the problem we encounter is people posting just to increase their numbers.
we've had people dividing up a single post into strings of posts just to make post numbers higher.
we've had people write pointless comments just to get them higher.
none of these methods are able to measure the "quality" of the posts, only the quantity.

I find it fair that the qualifiers are chosen by the Guru.
Let's be honest, if I wasn't putting any effort into the forums, i wouldn't get to participate myself. (let alone i'd be kicked out of this cool position with "moderator" written under my name)

believe me, if you just keep posting, it doesn't have to be that many, even 1 or 2 a day is ok as long as it's interesting and helpful to all of the members. then you are earning yourself a place.

I don't see why you'd be worried benjahuna, posts like this one you just made has quality in it. (hence you deserve this long reply by me).
i think you get the point, it's not that hard!
and i'm certain that it's a fairer way.

« 2 400$ freerolls a day | Bodog Texaswheel freeroll Tourney starting IN an hour! »