Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-05, 08:09 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Best online tournaments?

Hi all: I'm just starting to play onlin holdem tournanments at a $20. to $50.00 level. What do you guys think are the best sites (with the worst players?) Right now I like Poker stars and full tilt.
Old 11-24-05, 04:17 AM
Chip Leader

try bodog
large guarantee , with not that many people turning up so there's allways more money than people.

eg, 6500 dollar for 15+1 buy in (freezeout)
only around 5500 dollar's worth of buyin is made so there's extra 1000 in pot.

other guarantees include 17,500 for 52+5 buy in
7,500 for 11+1 buy-in
13,500 for 25+2 buy in

remmeber the guaranteed pot is bigger at times where there's more traffic (as there will be more players to fill it up)
what's good about bodog is it still doesn't fill up the guaranteed pot amount, hardly ever.
this is different from pokerstars/full tilt where it ALWAYS goes over the guaranteed prize pool by 20%

anyways, dunno why i'm sharing this with you! the more overlay, the better for me personally but.. seeing as i don't win much it doens't matter!
Old 11-24-05, 06:55 AM
Short Stack

try Titan Poker
Old 11-24-05, 12:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Full Tilt has some HORRIBLE players. Stars has pretty strong players, as does UB. UB is known for the great structure, which tends to favor better players, which is why they play there. I have a friend who has done very well in tourneys lately (7K in one weekend) and he likes the tourneys at Pacific. I hear Titan is fishy too, and I see that, but a drawback to that is that I can't really make those moves that you need to in order to rack up chips, since there is a very high chance you'll get called down all the way. Great for when you have the cards, not when you're trying to bluff - and who has played a tourney where you never had to do that?? FT and UB both seem to have a good mix of decent players with bad - you just have to pick them out.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 11-27-05, 07:23 AM
Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrown
Hi all: I'm just starting to play onlin holdem tournanments at a $20. to $50.00 level. What do you guys think are the best sites (with the worst players?) Right now I like Poker stars and full tilt.

Hi Joe,

If you like FT and Stars, I'll second April's recommendation and say that these are great sites for tourneys. Stars because the fields are huge enough to have plenty of fish (despite the site's reputation for skill players), and FT because the player base is generally not very good at poker (or good at acting the moron). Also, the structures here are pretty good.

Titan tourneys are great when you catch a rush of cards, because the players will call you down with crap and bluff with any two cards regardless of the situation. Doyle's Room is the same way. The tournament structures at both of these sites are very unforgiving of mistakes, though, so keep that in mind.

I'd give you recommendations on other sites, but these are pretty much the only ones I play at right now. Good luck!
Old 12-03-05, 10:39 PM
Chip Leader

[quote=JasonKirk]
tournament structures at both of these sites are very unforgiving of mistakes, though, so keep that in mind.[quote]

Always the trouble for me.
i'm assuming by this u mean that the blinds go up quicker than the other ones
(ie, a big jump in the blinds etc from 100-200 to 200-400 to 400-800)

so what do u reckon is the best strategy, if u've got about twice as much chips as the others. (ie, chip leading at table, but compared to the others ur only twice above the average)

seeing as blinds are going up fast, every mistake counts.
should you:
1. continue playing tight as to not make a mistake
2. play bit more loose, but clearly will create larger holes for mistakes....
Old 12-04-05, 08:38 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

FTP is so great because of its tournaments. Lately, more and more have signed up for the lower-buyin guaranteed freezeouts, making them lose their appeal. However, if you're willing to put $100+9 or $200+16, it's definitely worth it. Today at 18:00 is a $200k guarantee with only 700 in it so far and usually enough stay out to make a couple thousand added to the pot. With the winner taking 45k, I don't see how this isn't a great offer.
Old 12-04-05, 08:49 AM
Champion

Oh yeah, and FTP rewards it's top "point earners" very well. I slacked off and played a little less this month, so I was the 1204th top point earner. That's good enough to get into the $7,000 November top point earners freeroll. If I had stepped up and made it into 1-501, its a $28k freeroll, 502-1001 is $15k.
Old 01-14-06, 11:38 AM
Bubble

play at noble & titan about 3 & 4am est that's when all the drunks come out, they are bad bad players
RESPECT #1
Old 01-14-06, 02:00 PM
Champion

My friend just showed me poker.com and wow is it juicy. There are maybe 50 regular, decent players and the rest are all on the site for its crazy freerolls. I just don't like it as much as Tilt because its display is kind of weak.