Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Player's Lounge
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-05, 10:31 AM

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72
Default Handling Downswings

I've been on a bit of a downswing lately - not catching cards, suckouts galore, and of course, the occasional user-error.

It happens to everyone at some point, and I was curious how others deal with it? I've been reading and avoiding playing for a few days, and will probably start at lower-buyin SnGs, etc. when I decide to get back on the horse.

What do you do?
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 10-19-05, 11:32 AM
Bubble

For me, the key is just to keep playing - stick with my game plan and dodge the bullets as best I can. Of course, if I'm not playing well it can often help to step away for a few days.

What about the rest of you?
Old 10-20-05, 05:17 AM
Short Stack

I take a couple days or more break, with the real money.. keep 'practicing' tho with the 'fun' money..

On Absolute, I've worked my fun money balance to to over 500k... so, when playing in the 100k and 50k SNG, there is alot less crap play going on.. really gives me a chance to review my 'game'.

Then there is the granddaughter time, but, your to young to have a granddaughter..

Vegas prolly helps tho... woof woof...
Old 10-20-05, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

Vegas is not helpful for my poker-playing at all. He always wants five trips outside when I'm in the middle of a tourney. He's lucky he's cute...

I really liked what Jason said, that he just kept at it. So, I tried another SnG last night, but this time for $5 intstead of my usual $20. I got 3rd. I was relatively happy with my play - I did get a bit unlucky when my AK raise was called, and the flop then came A K x, but all hearts. I bet out, to see if the one caller had a heart...he called, and then the turn came another, so I dropped it right there. Hate when that happens!!
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 10-20-05, 11:37 AM
Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas72
I really liked what Jason said, that he just kept at it. So, I tried another SnG last night, but this time for $5 intstead of my usual $20. I got 3rd. I was relatively happy with my play - I did get a bit unlucky when my AK raise was called, and the flop then came A K x, but all hearts. I bet out, to see if the one caller had a heart...he called, and then the turn came another, so I dropped it right there. Hate when that happens!!

Glad to see you had some success, no matter how small it may have been. Even the tiniest victory can be a big one in the right circumstances.

I think today's article is going to focus on running bad...since you and some of the other bloggers have me thinking on the subject (and since I've been experiencing some pretty awful luck lately myself). Maybe I can be of some help.