Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-05, 07:15 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Talking $1.000.000

i played the $1.000.000 freeroll yesterday at paradise poker. playing 2 hours and half i finished 2383th out of 3990.
i was excinting and trembling during all the two hours...first time i played tourney with a big prize and important like that one......lol.
any one of you had same experience ? ( trembling and panic )
Old 08-28-05, 08:05 AM
Chip Leader

for two hours and the field didn't even get halved?
jeez, imagine how much time u'd waste if you get out on the bubble!
that's like. 6 hours wasted :S

anyways, keep trying someday you'll make it to that million
Old 08-28-05, 08:15 AM
Bust

the tourney is still runing .they played about 9 hours yesterday and now pause .
glade i am out (still 25 players )
Old 08-28-05, 08:19 AM
Chip Leader

a whole day of playing for about $ 100,000? oh well, i gues you can't say no to that

although i personally think that all the winnings are gonna be used to treat their health problems..
seriously, 9 hours through the night is farrrr too much
Old 08-28-05, 10:48 AM
Short Stack

they play for 12-14 hours at day, for 4-5 days, to make it to the final tables of the wsop and the wpt...

this aint tiddly-winks, as some would say.

I made it thru two qualifying rounds of 2500 entrants each, on pacific, to compete in their 100k freeroll.

Tourney paid top 250.... with the min prize being 5 grand.

I went out about 10 or so shy of the bubble...

A 6
Old 08-28-05, 07:16 PM
Bust

Default I feel you man!!

Wow sounds like a daily thing for me . I often tend to fall short by a few spots. It is very frustrating when that happens. I wish you luck on your next tourney.
Old 08-30-05, 03:54 AM
Bust

thanks guys i agree with all what you say. my only probleme was that it was my first experience in tourney like that .as i said i was trembling and exciting,and i hope next time in tourney like that it will be more easy for me to play and control my self especially my legs
Old 08-30-05, 11:19 AM
Bust

I've never played in any tournaments with prize pools that large (I've only been playing since May), but I do remember my first $5,000 freeroll.

I played that tournament in July. There were 383 people entered in the tournament, top 50 spots paid. I was pretty nervous, but my wife got me a beer so I wasn't in too bad a shape to play.

Anyway, I got really lucky and managed to sneak into the money with very few chips (I had about $3000 and the blinds were at $250/$500). I was now on my second beer and both a friend of mine and my wife were watching me play.

And that's when it happened: I started "table-skating" (or "table-surfing"). I don't know if the term exists, but I started getting moved from table to table, being placed in position that guaranteed me at least 7 or 8 hands before the blinds would hit me. This happened over and over and I managed to skate my way down to 24th spot. I was now guaranteed $50 (pretty good for a freeroll).

I then played my usual game and managed to hang on to hit 17th spot and a $100 payday. Considering my bankroll was only at $300 at the time, I was pretty happy.

I then went on to have a few more beers and won a multi-table SNG at Royal Vegas Poker for $16 more.

K.
Old 08-31-05, 02:42 PM
Champion

I played in the $100,000 dollar freeroll at Royal Vegas Poker a month or two ago. You had to play in a qualifier tourney and finish in the top 10% to qualify, which i did.

Then there was the actual freeroll, with about 600 people. and the top 260 paid, with 1st getting $23,000 and 260th getting $50. Unfortunately I caught some real cold cards, got unlucky, and probably made some mistakes too, and didn't make the big bucks, but I was able to hang on and finish 236th, and net $50. I would have liked the 23k, but i will definitely take 50 bucks.

Also, I was just curious as to when these $1,000,000 freerolls at Paradise run. I don't have Paradise downloaded, and wasn't aware of this freeroll, so I have never played it before.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-02-05, 11:40 PM
Bubble

These sound like some good Free Rolls.

Klopzi, What was the site where you entered the Freeroll? How often do they have these?

The Million Dollar Freeroll sounded like such a joke to me that I didn't five it any serious attention. Its interesting to hear some feedback from somebody who actually played.

I was in Vegas for the WPT final this year and played with a few of the people (at side tables) with those who had ponied up the $20K to enter the thing. Surprisingly they weren't very strong players. But they all said the same thing, it was exhilerating and exhausting all at the same time.