Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Freeroll Tournament
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Closed Thread

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-05, 08:27 PM
Banned (Copied from other forums)

BBP Points: 0
Default 150 points?

who else finds it hard to gain 150 posting points? im new about a week or so old and with limitted time spent on the internet due to family commitments. well interested to see if anyone feels the same hope one day to participate in the freerolls.
Old 08-27-05, 08:41 PM
Bubble

It took a little while, that is for sure, but there were only 50 slots available for this tourney. This represents an EV of $10 a person if it fills up, even more if it doesn't.

It took me some time to make my posts, but if you have something to say, and put it down, they can add up pretty quickly. You need to post longer more substantive posts. As you can see by mine, I had a few things to say, and I typed them out. The longer the post the more points you receive.

Over the course of a week or so, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to do. I did it in fairly short order...then again I stay at home all day with a child and am dying for some adult conversation...
Old 08-27-05, 10:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

You'll rack up points in no time by posting quality posts. No sense in wasting time with the "me too" kind of posts - in the same amount of time it takes to do that, someone could write a couple of really quality posts and earn more points for them.

Don't get discouraged by the requirement - find something you're really into and let us know about it!
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 08-28-05, 04:57 AM
Short Stack

Me too.

Don't think about the 150 points.. it's just a poker game, after all.. there will always be a poker game, somewhere, sometime, somehow....
Old 08-28-05, 08:32 AM
Chip Leader

as a professional would say.

the points are just the means of measuring your contribution to the forum
you shouldn't be focusing on the points, you should be focusing on contributing and the points will come to you.

well anyways, the freerolls over so nows the best time to show that you care about the forum and not the freeroll! keep those quality posts up. and maybe you'll get lucky next time
Old 08-29-05, 01:32 PM
Short Stack

Anyone who doesn't think it's worth their time to contribute to a forum, this one or any other, is welcome to their opinion. Personally, I learn a lot from reading what other people have to say, and that makes it pretty easy to contribute my thoughts as well.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if more forums would focus on encouraging members to contribute on an ongoing basis. If that means not having as many members, well... while it's obviously not my decision to make, I definitely prefer quality over quantity.
Old 08-29-05, 03:15 PM
Bubble

I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. I also said how in the world do I reach 150 points, actually it was easy. When you read the posts you always have an opinion on it so instead of thinking it type it.
Old 08-31-05, 09:04 PM
Bubble

Default Length of posts

I know a lot of post are longer than mine, and some are quite entertaining, but I like the KISS method of doing things. Keep It Simple Stupid. I find if a post is to complex I lose interest, and if it is a me too or a whoopee I wish I would never had opened it. I do like the forum and have picked up some interesting information.
Old 08-31-05, 10:16 PM
Chip Leader

seems like i'm your worst enemy then Pookyman
i tend to write posts, very short in my head
but when i'm done it's like a 400 word essay

which may be bad cuz people are all gonna fall asleep reading my posts...
maybe i'll try your KISS method. seeing as i don't even know if anyone reads my long posts
Old 03-01-06, 02:44 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 20

just a quick one here, is there a thread that tells when the tourny are going to be freerolls and buy-ins as well i have looked all over and cant find anything i see the calender but it dont really show the tourny's maybe add just a tourny calender?
Closed Thread