Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-05, 08:33 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 16
Send a message via AIM to Hrobakca

Was in a freeroll tonight was dealt KK ebding losing to a straight any advice on aggressive play of KK?
Old 09-01-05, 10:15 PM

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

You're going to have to give us a bit more info on the hand...did you raise pre-flop? If so, how much? What was the board, etc.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 09-01-05, 11:03 PM
Short Stack

Playing KK aggressively doesn't mean putting the pedal to metal and ignoring possible obstacles that appear during the betting as the hand plays out. As noted earlier in this thread, you don't like seeing an ace on the flop, and the same goes for flush and straight draws, paired boards, etc.

However, you can't just give up every time you might be beat because in reality, you'll be ahead fairly often, especially if you bet pre-flop properly and kept hands like Ax out. The tricky part, of course, is trying to figure out when you're ahead and when you're behind, plus how to increase your winnings in the former situations while decreasing your losses in the latter. Unfortunately, I'm neither experienced enough nor poker wise enough to be giving tips on how to do this.
Old 09-02-05, 07:18 PM
Short Stack

Well, actually, since he said it was a freeroll.. he did give enuff information..

My advice which is what your asking about...playing KK aggressive in a freeroll comes down to a simple matter of ALL-IN, no matter what.

Key word = freeroll.

If you do this preflop, and get called, you will lose because eithre you were behind and didn't catch up, or someone got lucky and sucked out on you... that, is poker, and there is nothing wrong with that...

If you slow play and 'let' someone get free or cheap cards...which they end up winning with, that is a different matter and you will prolly find your self chanting.. 'I should have just went all in, I should have just went all in'.

KK aggressive with real money has been covered by those better than myself.

A 6
Old 12-04-05, 09:19 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

If you have KK at a short-handed i.e. 6man table, and you raised enough, that ace hitting should be a little frightening. I'd rather have the ace hit the flop shorthanded rather than at a full table. If the bb at your table is "x", and you made the "standard" 3x raise, take the time to realize that in all likelihoods someone is holding an ace. Now, if you became worried and made an over-raise, say 6x, it is even more likely that someone has a strong ace. They could be holding another decent pocket pair, so you do have to make a feeler bet.

Now, this is where I see people run into trouble. They make an obvious feeler bet with something like KK and an ace on board, so they bet the absolute minimum or close to it. Yes sometimes people play their top pair this weakly. Depending on your style of play, this bet can entice/scare you. Do you see it as an opportunity to raise the hell out of him, or do you startle easily and just fold it. After you've played enough hands and develop your ability to read opponents this will become easier and you'll make the money most of the time.

This seemed like a short post in my head, turned into an essay
Old 01-15-06, 03:00 PM
Bubble

Smile

lol .. drastic your problem is your paying to much attention to the cards and not your opponent ... the ace on the board doesnt matter if your opponent doesnt have one. Get a read on him
Old 01-15-06, 03:34 PM
Short Stack

That's true. I still need to work on that, spending as much time reading my opponent's hand as my own.

I think with KK, you bet very aggressive but you need a good read if there's an ace on the flop and someone is continuing to bet strongly. No easy answers here, KK isn't foolproof for the same reasons that KQo is often the hand of death...
Old 01-22-06, 03:21 PM
Bust

I think KK is a easy fold when an ace is one the board. especially if you got 2-3 more guys inb the pot.... too many people play dead aces online.
Old 01-22-06, 05:27 PM
Bust

Talking

KK is a very risky preflop unless beccome 3K at the flop..i dont trust it
Old 01-22-06, 05:43 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 6

In the last two multi-table tournments I played in a timespan of 2 days I both got eliminated holding Kings preflop and getting all my chips in the middle preflop and got beat both times.
The first time I got called by A-K and the ace flopped. I wished the hand worked out differently and I wasn't all in, that way I could have folded when the ace flopped.

Again I was all in with Kings preflop due to re-raises and I was up against Queens who flopped a set.

They haven't been holding up to their potential for me recently. I was ahead both times and didn't walk away the winner either time. But it works both ways, sometimes I'm the one holding queens and flop the set to suckout against a high pocket pair.

« Freeroll strategy!!! | If a table is playing really friendly, is it bad etiquette to shove all? »