Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-05, 01:35 PM
Banned

BBP Points: 0

In Vegas its probably hard to find a cheap NL holdem i imagine all the NL holdem games are very high stakes...ive never been to Vegas can somebody confirm this??

im basing this on the shows/movies ive seen of Vegas ( Rounders, High Roller , TILT )
Old 08-25-05, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

The MGM Grand (my favorite place) deals $1/$2 NL.

The Luxor offers a weird NL - max buy-in is $50, but you can rebuy when your stack drops below a certain amount (I forget what it is) and then rebuy up to like $200 I think.

Bellagio I think the NL starts at $5/$10. You can find some low-limit NL games downtown too...I think the Plaza has it.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 08-25-05, 08:57 PM
Bubble

Send a message via AIM to royalflush525
Smile Limit

First of all the only game u can't bluff at is 5 card st up u can bluff at limit u just need to hold ur ground and hope that they fold because they think ur hand is better than theres. and it does start off alittle boring, but anyone can liven up a game throw a little twist in it talk alittle crap that gets a lota people going, I personaly dont do stuff like that but I've seen it done. and some of them guys really get going. lol live, love, laugh and play poker.
Old 08-25-05, 11:06 PM
Short Stack

If you're playing primarily for fun, play what you enjoy most, whether it's limit, pot limit, no limit or some game other than holdem altogether. On the other hand, if you're playing to make money, then you should probably focus on whatever best suits your personality, since that's probably what you'll be best at.

I play mostly no limit tournaments, but I find it useful to mix in some limit since it forces me to concentrate more on pot odds. That's a major reason why you'll see more chasing in limit - because the odds make it correct to do so.
Old 08-26-05, 02:26 PM
Bubble

Talking

Great this was what I wanted start up a good conversation. And some of you have give me a couple of reasons why I should play limit. so now I have something to think about.

but to be honest I think that we cant like all the games there is and that if all of us have a choise we only play what we like. maybe I can give limit another chanse. I mean, at least the pot limit games. but only texas holdem
Old 08-26-05, 11:48 PM
Bust

I agree with you completely, limit games just bore me to death. I dont see how they can be taht exciting. However, i have cashed out pretty huge on some games .

But what really irratates me about it, is the fact that i CAN never push someone off a hand in limit because the bet is so small that it doesnt even make a difference to the player. However, the best is when everyone is calling your small bets when you are holding a monster.

thats the best way to cash out.. just call the bets,
but the main problem.. waiting can be a real B**CH
Old 01-11-06, 07:01 AM
Bust

This thread makes interesting reading considering only last night i decided to try and teach myself how to play Low Limit Cash games using a book written by David Slansky and others. I ended up the session down 6$ but that was only really because i tried to bluff some guy off qq and he was still calling me with 2 aces on the board and a possible flush - lesson learnt - don't give in to the boredom.

One way many players avoid getting bored is to multi table a lot more than they do when playing NL cash games because many of the decisions you have to make are far less complex, although, after reading about Limit poker i realised that post flop play especially is far more complex than just being able to understand pot odds.

I am determined to improve my limit play as i feel it may in the long run be a far more lucrative means of earning money through cash games if i can mulit table effectively. I believe there are a greater number of fish at the mid-low limit tables who will just call all the way, which in the long run is going to be very profitable to the more experienced players.

Of course i still much prefer No Limit play and so i will continue to play that but i will probably only play MTTs or STTs NL for a majority of the time, which is what i mostly do anyway.

I think people who just dismiss Limit poker as being a game for suckers who draw suck outs probably do not understand it fully enough and are probably themsleves making unprofitable plays. Clearly people are consistantly making money from Limit, which shows it can be played just as profitably as NL can.
Old 01-11-06, 04:58 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

I play a lot of small limit LHE mainly because my bankroll is to small to move up to bigger stakes. I have found that you should definitly stay away from the lowest limit on a site because all you can really do is wait for a good hand to play and hope it holds up and most of the time it doesn't because you have so many people who chase draw.
Old 01-14-06, 01:49 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

I get drawn into online limit just because playing NL all the time gets old, but live I don't have the money to put out for something like $5/10 NL games. When I visit AC I always play $2/4 for a while because it's not as stressful and I can take the time to just enjoy the poker. All the other guys at the table aren't pros or anything, so it's usually profitable as well.
Old 01-14-06, 05:02 PM
Banned

I used to never play Limit holdem when I began my poker tirade. Now that I have been around poker long enough, I realize that the better of a player that you are, the better off you are playing limit. Why? Less morons can win in Limit holdem as they are forced to play premium hands due to the maximum bet rule. I like it alot now and I use it as a last resort to make some cash when my bankroll is down. And please, please stay away from NL Ring tables... they are suicidal in the long run i promise. The better you are at poker, the more you lose at those damn tables. And that's the truth.

LIMIT IS SAFE!
NL IS NOT!