Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Player's Lounge
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-05, 11:40 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Default Daniel Negreanu Challenge

Daniel Negreanu, Ambassador at the Wynn Las Vegas has made an open challenge to anybody in the world. He quotes "I'll play anybody, virtually any poker game for any amount from $100,000 to $500,000."

So far he has played 6 different players and the most with Barry Greenstein. Did anybody follow these games? Currently he is playing Pot Limit Hold'em with John Doe for half a million and it's been 32 hours without a winner.
Old 08-23-05, 05:11 PM
Banned

BBP Points: 0

HAHA, that certainly does sound like Daniel Negraneau, he is a funny guy who is supremely confident and certainly thinks he is the best in the world. As for the John Doe comment is that a real statement or just a humor thing? I can't tell because John Doe is for a lost person and 32 hours is a damn long time to be sitting heads up with someone at a poker table. Please set me straight BBP Guru!
Old 08-24-05, 01:53 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru

lol. mikester, i kid you not. That is what he choose his name to be. I guess he wants to keep his identity secret. And they really are already 32 hours into the game. Check this out: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...ic.php?t=12966
Old 08-24-05, 10:38 PM
Bubble

I follwed the games for a short period before the WSOP started. He is having mixed results. Barry Greenstien and him have been playing for a long time with several days between action.

He has lost to David O and Joe C but has beaten MimiT.

Several of the top pro's that have commented on his "Open Challenge" say that it will be the downfall of his playing days. We will see though. He seems to be intent on keeping it up.
Old 08-25-05, 12:14 AM
Bubble

Daniel Negreanu is too good and too young a player for his downfall to happen now. He's just starting in my opinion, and he's got enough money to lose all of the games he plays which he won't. You know another reason why he's an awesome poker player? Because he's Canadian, that's right, haha! But yeah, he's way too good a player to lose everything now.

Does anyone know if it's only professionals that he'll play or if he'll play us Joe regulars? Does anyone have $100k they can lay down to play against him? I guess it would be a great experience. Where do they play and how do you contact Daniel?

Wouldn't that be awesome, going all-in against Daniel Negreanu and flipping over pocket aces like in the 3'rd hand and taking down one of the biggest names in poker?

Isn't he coming out with a video game? It's a poker game called Stacked I think, do you get to play as him or play against him and are there going to be other pros in the game? I think they're also making a WSOP video game, might be kinda cool, but I'll stick with my online poker, thank you very much!!
Old 08-25-05, 11:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

He plays at the Wynn in Vegas, where he's the "poker room ambadassor". He's said he'll play anyone in the world, so if you've got the money....
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden