Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-05, 07:25 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 46
Default Poker SuperStars II

Has anyone seen Poker SuperStars II. It is great I love the tournament style and the players. They have all the best players in the world. Johnny Chan, Huck Seed, Doyle Brunson and alot of other winners. The eliminations and the style is great. It also shows that Moneymakers win was a fluke and that he cannot play with the best of them. Everyone should check it the playoffs from it are coming up soon.....
Old 08-23-05, 05:27 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0

How does it show it as a fluke?

Doyle was eliminated.
Greenstein was eliminated.
Old 08-23-05, 05:49 PM
Banned

I do not like Poker Superstars 2. While all the players are fantastic players, I thnk that the blinds are raised way to fast and not all that much poker is really being played. I do not like to see who is the luckiest player, but who is the best. In Superstars 2 it is an all in fest, and there really isnt too much post flop play. This really bugs me, as I love to watch great players make great laydowns and reads, in superstars it's almost exclusively playing the numbers and your cards as the blinds are raised so much so quickly.
Old 08-23-05, 08:11 PM
Bubble

Moneymakers win was no way shape or form a fluke... lucky yes but sit down and really think what it took to do what he did.

Sit down in your own home and play online poker for 3 days 14 hours a day. Make sure you only get up to eat and use the bathroom maybe 3 times the entire time. Turn your stero up to 10 and put the speaker 3 feet from your ear. If you can do that you might have a small idea of how difficult it was for him to do what he did.

oh yeah dont forget to add every single top poker pro in the world.
Old 08-25-05, 10:40 PM
Banned

And a field of thousands... which is the most amazing thing.

AND BY THE WAY POKERSTARS 2 IS JUST A SOCIAL HOUR FOR THOSE PLAYERS.... THAT GRAND PRIZE IS CHUMP CHANGE TO THEM. 400k... nothing to theM! BUT i hope huck seed wins, because he plays 10-3 os, which i admire
Old 08-25-05, 10:43 PM
Banned

I can't stand how they all have conversations and crack jokes... it's not good poker if you ask me. Some guys play wreckless because they know they cannot make the playoffs. Actually hurts to watch such lame poker. I can play just as well as they do in this thing... anyone could. AND SOMEONE MADE A VALID POINT... there is NO post-flop play, which is interesting at times, but not when they laugh at losing and chuckle when they suffer a bad beat. I wanna see rivalries and intensity, not a Friday Night house game with a bunch of buddies who cant compliment eachother enough
Old 08-26-05, 01:33 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMc
Moneymakers win was no way shape or form a fluke... lucky yes but sit down and really think what it took to do what he did.

Sit down in your own home and play online poker for 3 days 14 hours a day. Make sure you only get up to eat and use the bathroom maybe 3 times the entire time. Turn your stero up to 10 and put the speaker 3 feet from your ear. If you can do that you might have a small idea of how difficult it was for him to do what he did.

oh yeah dont forget to add every single top poker pro in the world.

It really was a fluke. If you watch the 2003 WSOP he got extremly lucky his bad calls turned out good because of his luck. Look how he is doing now. Horrible. I saw him blow 5000 dollars up in Vegas on a no limit table that he opened himself. These weren't even pros he lost too. Moneymaker is not that good of a player. And I have a great understanding of how difficult is to win the wsop main event.
Old 08-26-05, 01:46 PM
Banned

dude, they dont show every single hand in the WSOP, they only show the exciting hands, i know they make him out to be a fluke like when he hits the ace on the river against ivey but still you have to take in all the small hands he won and all the times he made big laydowns...they wont show that on tv...to beat over 1000 people you have to have skill i dont care what anyone says, i give him alot of respect....

your making him out to be some guy who just randomly through chips in the middle hoping for miracles..i dont think so man....

also, if you've ever won a big tournament you would know that you HAVE to be lucky often to pull it off thats just the way it is....
Old 08-30-05, 11:28 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeychips22
It really was a fluke. If you watch the 2003 WSOP he got extremly lucky his bad calls turned out good because of his luck. Look how he is doing now. Horrible. I saw him blow 5000 dollars up in Vegas on a no limit table that he opened himself. These weren't even pros he lost too. Moneymaker is not that good of a player. And I have a great understanding of how difficult is to win the wsop main event.

I've watched the 2003 WSOP a bunch of times and I can't believe that anyone could say Moneymaker's win was a fluke. I think he did a great job to win. I mean, imagine sitting down at a table with Nguyen, Chan, Ivey and other pros. To be able to hold it together against those players takes a lot of stamina, patience and drive.

Sure, he got lucky at key times, but so does anyone in a large tournament. He chose when to go all-in and when not to, and he made the right choices. There are going to be times when you'll have the worst of it going in (moreso in the WSOP against super aggressive pros) and that's all there is to it. Raymer also got lucky when he won - he got some pretty great cards. At the final table, he lost a good chunk of his lead when his cards dried up. He wasn't making fancy plays to win, he was getting cards just as Moneymaker did. Raymer called a bunch of all-ins with the worst of it and sucked out on his opponents a bunch of times.

I haven't watched any of the other WSOP main events, but I'm sure it's pretty well the same. There's very few players who can dominate in these large tourneys due to the sheer number of players and donks out there who'll suck out on you when given the chance.

I think anyone who wins the WSOP deserves it - period.

Just my thoughts... (not a big Moneymaker or Raymer fan...prefer Hansen or Negreanu).

K.
Old 08-30-05, 06:39 PM
Champion

I have not yet seen Poker Superstars 2, so I can't really comment on it. I did see the first one though. I quite enjoyed that one. Watching Chan, Hansen, Lederer, Ivey, Reese, Greenstein, Cloutier, and of course, Brunson do their things against each other was awesome. These guys are simply amazing, and being able to watch all of them at once, was not only enjoyable, but it gave me a few pointers too just from watching.

Hopefully I have a chance to see Superstars 2 to watch some more great poker (assuming it is a similar style, and isn't worse like some are suggesting).