Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-05, 04:28 PM
Banned (Copied posts from other forums)

BBP Points: 0
Default 2-7 Triple lowball

Recently started playing this on GamesGrid. Inteersting lowball game where you dont necessarily have to have anything at the start because you can trade all of or noone of your cards 3 times! BAsically you get dealt 5 cards down, round of betting ensues, then you trade as many of your acrsd as you want even all 5! round of betting after that and then trade as many crads as you would like again, then repeat this whole process for a third time! best hand is 2 3 4 5 7, because in this game of lowball unlike razz or O8B straights and flushes do count against you. also A is always high, so you dont want anyof them in your hand. A decnt hand at a smalltable table is 8 high and at any ring game it would be nice to have a 7 high. I am just elarning this so if anone out there has any pointers for me I would sure appreciate them. thanks

xmanpike
Old 08-23-05, 07:41 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0

I've only played a tiny bit, but have found this to be a rather refreshing change. The strategy of drawing, of which I have only a very minimal understanding is particularly intriguing in that getting the wrog card or cards can make your hand a lot worse. So if you're at the third draw with a decent but not great hand like maybe a 9 high, you have to decide whether you want to risk drawing. If you decide to take a card, it might be higher than the 9 you threw away, or it might be lower, but even worse because it pairs one of your other cards.

It's supposedly quite a bluffing game, but that's really all I've learned so far.