Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-05, 02:39 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0
Default Absolute and Play Money SNG's

Absolute poker has a special group of people who have earned(won) 10million in play chips... by playing mostly, the play money SNG's. They range from a 300 dollar(play) all the way up to a 25k dollar(play) buy in.. 9 seats per table..

In addition to having your name put on thier exclusive list... they give you $50 dollars in bonus money.

( Which by the way, this reminds me, the money you win at thier freerolls, is real money, not bonus money, like some other sites do )

Anyway... I have been playing these play money SNG's quite regularly for the last couple weeks.. and have built my play money bank roll up to 135k... I broke 100k twice, shortly after the first time, I quickly lost it all playing the 25k versions... oh, I was rather enubriated at the time as well..

If your at least half way decent... you can surpass my play money bank roll in half the time... cuz, well, I'm only a quarter or so decent...

Your going to have to work off the bonus money.. but, it is not as tuff as some sights.. and it is 50 bucks... ( comes out to 500 raked hands ).

The additional 'hidden' bonus, for me anyway.. is I get to practice being more aggressive.. and I have noticed this has helped in my cash game.. a tiny bit.

A 6

Edit: the buy ins actually go up to 1million.

Last edited by Slayre : 08-18-05 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Correction to SNG buy in info
Old 08-18-05, 02:46 PM
Bubble

Aggresive is good but you shouldnt be to aggresive. At first i was a very tight player i never bluffed. Then i read some books and got abit more familiar with the game but i didnt know pot odds or something like that but i started to get abit aggresive but at the wrong time. Now i play good but i tend to be too aggresive and most people consider me as a loose player who wants to steel the blinds=) So now i must tighten up abit so i can start winning. Cause to aggresive is to expensive.
Old 08-18-05, 02:58 PM
Short Stack

heh, well, Im like you.. aggressive for me, is prolly tight for most players.. heh.. I was pretty tight when I first started.. more than tight.. more than scared money tight....

Would win few pots, and they would always be small.....

I suppose being more open with my starting hands, is a better term than aggressive..
Old 08-19-05, 02:19 AM
Bubble

Yup you got it. You cant be to aggresive with monsters cause then noone will follow you and then you will win the blinds. That isnt realy what you want when you play monsters is it?. You want maximum payout.

The 50buck bonus offer at absolute sounds good if you have time to play for playmoney that long. Takes a couple of weeks as i understood it.
Old 08-19-05, 04:18 AM
Short Stack

I'm into my 3rd week, and down to 100k from 130k...

The blinds start different for the different buy ins... the 10k tourneys go pretty quick, as the blinds start at 100 and move up pretty quick... the 25k ones start at like 15... I have not checked higher than that..

If I didnt have to work, sleep, eat, or socialize, I prolly could have made 10 mil by now.. heh
Old 08-22-05, 01:14 PM
Bubble

Slayre baby! Send me your screen name and I will come play them with you. I got 3 mill on Stars and am working on 10 mill. What better way to kills some time than to do play money tables with a fellow austin blogger