Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Off Topic
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-05, 11:40 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default Anyone into making websites

Hi i just wonder if anyone of you are any good at making websites cause i could use a little help. I can design them but when i get them out on the web i cant get them to load properly and dont know anything about making a forum or making a guestbook or how to password a certain page so only private people can accses it. If you want and can help me then plz pm me or something.
Old 08-17-05, 02:11 PM
Chip Leader

Default oops

i need help as well

i just wanna know how member thing works
how u get people to sign up as a member and having to write a password to access certain pages. eg, where are the member info saved, etc.

maybe that's asking for too much

wallaby, wanna show me how ur sites going ?
Old 08-17-05, 08:23 PM
Bust

i've seen a lot of poeple make poker websites lately devoted to freerolls which i think is kind of rotten. I dont want to promote those websites but they get sponsored with noble and get to host.

But, making websites i love; it gets pretty expensive however if you decide to get more webspace or whatever it may be.

I'm thinking of making a pokerwebsite later this year, i'll make a post if anyone wants to partner up with me.
Old 08-17-05, 09:30 PM
Chip Leader

Default hmmm

poker website. why didn't i ever thought of that !
actually, maybe there's too many already on the web...
seriously it's everwhere now

btw, i'm just wondering, do u guys know of any place where u can get a proper domain name/ webspace for free?

like i want my own website name "www.blablablabla.com"
do i have to pay for most of them? and i need about 100 MB (with no popups!)

am i asking for too much?
Old 08-17-05, 10:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

I don't know of any place where you can get a custom domain for free, but you might want to look into GoDaddy.com for a cheap domain. That's who I used for mine, they were the cheapest at the time, and I imagine probably still are.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 08-18-05, 12:10 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru

I have dealt with DotEasy in the past. The good thing about them is their hosting is $0. Thats right - $0 Hosting for a year. So, you only pay for the domain which is roughly $20-$25 US. And in return you get 100MB --> Just what you were looking for nxtyear but not everything free.
Old 08-18-05, 02:29 AM
Bust

in the past i've noticed that godaddy has the easiest and cheapest service. But it may hae changed now... its been a while.

if i was to create a pokersite; id have to create one that would be different from the others. I mean, with this many poker sites out... there isn't really a point. Unless, you get a few websites to join together and really get a big message board people will be attracted to. Not to mention the name, somthing short that people would remember.
Old 08-18-05, 07:37 AM
Chip Leader

lol let's not talk about short names, i'm sure the admin here won't like to hear that! (B.L.I.N.D.B.E.T.P.O.K.E.R)
although i remember it as BBP so it's essentially like remembering 3 lettered word. nice and simple
Old 08-19-05, 02:22 AM
Bubble

Sorry if i was unclear but im not making a poker website im acctualy making a design website with my art but i want a forum to it and i dont know how to. So thats why i need alittle help. There are already tons of freeroll websites out there so i wont bother doing another one.
Old 08-19-05, 02:25 AM
Bubble

Ah if you want a good host ive found an amazing one. Its truly unbelivable. 1 gigabyte of webspace, no banners, no popups and it supports most of the formats css and things like that. And guess what its absolutely free. go to www.freewebtown.com You have to upload via FTP but thats what most people do so i dont think thats a problem. Admin if i cant post this then please remove it. I dont want to break the rules or something.

« Reputation Pts | Super Bowl »