Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Series of Poker
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-05, 10:17 PM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Default George Abdallah wins 1st Prize worth $66,695 - WSOP Circuit Event #5

The $500+50 Pot Limit Omaha with Rebuys tournament had the smallest field yet at the WSOP Circuit here in Tunica, with a mere 134 players. That meant that any player who wanted to make the money had to reach the final table - only 9 players would split up the $185,270 prize pool. Experience reigned supreme in the event, with over 190 years of poker play among the top nine.

Read Full Article at http://www.blindbetpoker.com/news/ws...it-event5.html
Old 08-16-05, 10:44 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

believe me or not , i don't know anybody that was at the final table it looked like a rookie table...

Cheers,
W13rd0W
Old 08-19-05, 04:18 PM
Bubble

thats the bad thing about poker noadays is all the newbies playig poker and how there are barely any final table with all season pros. the problem with the new age is that there are so many new kids on the block that its hard to read all the new players.like george abdallah i have never heard of. also most of all the newbies who win are all flukes or one hit wonders. at least the pros are consistant. poker is really fun but there are so many people know it gets harder and harder to win a tournament nowadays than it was in the old days in the moss era. thanks
Old 08-31-05, 08:36 PM
Bubble

Default The days of Moss

Please, there is no comparison between a bunch of old buddies getting together and the big time tournaments of today. I think the reason so many young guys are getting there has to do with stamina. Doyle Brunson has said the same thing many times. It is a real grind, and it takes a young guy to hold up to it.
Old 09-01-05, 10:15 AM
Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngar23
thats the bad thing about poker noadays is all the newbies playig poker and how there are barely any final table with all season pros. the problem with the new age is that there are so many new kids on the block that its hard to read all the new players.like george abdallah i have never heard of. also most of all the newbies who win are all flukes or one hit wonders. at least the pros are consistant.

George Abdallah plays with Sammy Farha on a regular basis. While I was in Tunica, I saw George playing - nightly - in a $25-50 Pot Limit Omaha game that was more like a $50-100 PLO because of all the live straddles the players were putting on every hand. This guy plays for big money, and he's good, too. Trust me, he's no rookie.

Just because you haven't heard of someone doesn't mean they're a rookie by any means. All it means is they haven't made a final table at a TV tournament. First things first, that means they haven't made the final table of a no-limit hold'em table, because that's all any TV network wants to show - they think no one cares about any other form of poker. There are a lot of players out there who specialize in PLO, Omaha/8, limit hold'em, stud, stud/8, and lots of other variants of poker - players who make a lot more money than some of the pros you see on TV. Lots of people don't like NL hold'em anymore because any donkey can push all-in, so they go to where the better money is.