Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-05, 10:40 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

I just can't get hooked to this game, maybe cause I am no good at it too confusin' for me. lol I registerd for one tournament not seein' it was Omaha hilow and I was out my first hand. LOL
Old 08-25-05, 10:52 PM
Bubble

Send a message via AIM to royalflush525
Smile Love the game

I love this game, I'm still learning the ins and outs but this game facinates me because its hi low you know because you have two chances to win also its two cards from your hand and three from the commuity, i guess there just something about it. oh yes did u ever notice how you can hav crap and win and than u could hav a good hand and lose your but off. its just a very different game to me but i love it, but of corse i love any kinda of poker.LOVE, LIVE, LAUGH AND PLAY POKER
Old 01-26-06, 06:16 PM
Bubble

Send a message via AIM to dylan236

omaha high low is extremely fun. I always enjoy playing it online, bu online only! It's way to difficult to play withamature friends. I had a tournament started with a couple of my buds and it was completely out of control most of them couldn't figure out the low hands and what not. Anywyas Omaha high low is great if your looking for raked hands or looking for some action of somewhat. heres a tip i always seem to see people who keep raising when they have a perfect low hand it's a bad idea as like 2 or possibly 3 people can have it and you usually end up losing more than winning.
Old 02-02-06, 12:29 PM
Bubble

Omaha Hi or hi-Lo is a good game for a few reasons;

1 - All hodlem players end up trying it. Many suck. Having a pocket pair other than Aces and even aces is not that great. Even a medium PP that hits trips is very beatable.

2 - The game causes you to play differnently than holdem. You can see more flops but upon seeing them be willing to give up top pair or even two pair very esaily.

3 - Many Omaha players do not raise. If you play aggressive with good hands you can win big.
Old 04-09-06, 09:50 AM
Bust

I love omaha h/l and there is a huge difference in starting hands. No way does have the same chance of winning as I just love a game where the nuts is usually the winning hand. Hate SNG in this format, takes forever to get the last 4-5 people out when you can split almost every pot.
Old 04-09-06, 10:06 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

I really like Ohama H/L. The only big thing you have to remeber is that you get the most money when you are trying to scoop the pot. That doesnt always mean winning the high and the low pot because if there is only two cards on the board below 8 then there will only be a high pot, so you can scoop it there to. Also I will almost never play a hand without an Ace because that is pretty much the best card in the game since it can win you the High and low pots.

Another intresting idea that Omaha bring is that you really need to calculate pot odds to see if you are getting the right ones to call. But your pot odds can change a little depending on how many people enter the hand. Like say you are on the button and there are 5 people already called the BB. And you look down at a that looks a lot better than if you were to look down and see a because you know that alot of other people have the low cards that you have so you may be only playing for a 1/4 of the pot. While the gives you a better chance to scoop if you can hit a straight.
Old 04-13-06, 09:20 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

AKQJ is terrible in omaha h/l and shouldn't be played. You should be playing hands that have a good shot at winning both hi and lo part of the pot. Just winning the hi isn't going to get you a big pot. I love this game now since i actually learned it and wouldn't mean playing a few tourneys in this format.

-ad
Old 04-14-06, 10:16 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1129
AKQJ is terrible in omaha h/l and shouldn't be played. You should be playing hands that have a good shot at winning both hi and lo part of the pot. Just winning the hi isn't going to get you a big pot.

The thing about playing is that if you hit your hand which will probaly be a straight then you wont just be playing for the Hi pot you will be playing for the whole pot because there wont be a low pot to play for and you will have the nut straight.
Old 04-14-06, 04:41 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn89
The thing about playing is that if you hit your hand which will probaly be a straight then you wont just be playing for the Hi pot you will be playing for the whole pot because there wont be a low pot to play for and you will have the nut straight.
I see your point but the nut straight doesn't happen very often considering some of the cards you are going to need to make that striaght are alrdy in your hand. If the blinds are low i guess you can limp that but i refrain from playing high hands like that.

-ad
Old 04-15-06, 09:53 PM
Bubble

I disagree. or similar is in my opinion a good hand. While I would not go crazy on it, you could win nice pots depending upon the flop.

howeve,r I also agree that you should try to stick to hands that are:
a) double suited
b) suited and with a PP or
c) play both the high and low, therefore a good high with an A and either a 2 or 3.