Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-05, 11:48 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Phil Gordon

I think Phil Gordon is cool too... Don't see too much of him on TV and stuff but I think he's got it set!
Old 08-09-05, 11:49 PM
Bust

Check out http://www.philgordonpoker.com/ for more stuff on this guy!
Old 08-10-05, 01:06 PM
Bust

LOL, the only place I know Phil Gordan from is from celebrity poker showdown. He is one of the anouncers, the other announcer I don't think knows anything about poker, but is just there as entertainment. I like watching some of the awfull players who play there. I'll tell you this, hobits can't play poker. The actor who plays the blond hobbit in Lord Of Th Rings has to be the worst poker player I've ever seen. Phil Gordan, and me too, thought he was trying to bluff (at a bad time too) but when Phil talked to him, he actually thought he had a hand.
Old 08-10-05, 05:18 PM
Bust

Haha...I completely forgot about celebrity poker! That's a nice show, it's fun at times cuz the actors are cool. Yeah not such a big fan of the cohost. He seems too feminine to be on tv! haha

I bet people are gonna send me hate mail for my remark!
Old 08-15-05, 12:28 PM
Bubble

Celeb poker rules!! Some of them end up playing quite well...but I think if I had to pick a horrible player, it was Colin Quin. First he is a horrible comic then a horrible player in poker as well!! He called EVERYTHING, no matter what! He actually almost ended up winning the entire tourny which would have been a shame, thank god his luck ended and he lost.

I think the hosts do a really good job with the show, the show has nice production values all around. I just wish they showed the %s, for some reason they leave that out.

2 minutes later...

"Oh I get it."- Me
Old 08-15-05, 08:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

If you listen closely, Phil Gordon usually gives the percentages as part of the commentary.

I Phil.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 08-16-05, 12:12 AM

If you're interested, here's a recent article about Phil. Gives some background on his new DVD and information about him. (They could have picked a better picture though, IMHO).

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2005/0...hil-gordon.htm
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 08-18-05, 05:13 AM
Short Stack

Chris Katan (sp) from saturday night live.. he didn't know what was going on...

Colin Quinn was playing fine.. old school... and he made no bones about the fact that he just didn't care...

I think Phil Gordon is a solid player.. consistant...

And occasionally has better one liners than his cohost....oh wait, he is the cohost, right.. ??
Old 08-24-05, 02:04 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 9

Phil Gordon seems like a very interesting guy, more interesting than his book though (with writers it's usually the other way around). I hope he writes another book because I bet it would be better than the first one. He's led a very interesting life.
Old 08-24-05, 08:06 AM

He actually has another book coming out very soon. Friend of mine has seen an advance copy and says it's great.