Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-08, 04:19 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 14
Default Charity Poker Tournament for the Children's Tumor Foundation

Hello everyone,

I'm Chane, the owner of TheRoundersRoom.com. My nephews Braeden (age 4) and Bronson (age 2) both have neurofibromatosis (NF) type 1, and as a result have bilateral optic glioma brain tumors. In addition, Braeden has congenital pseudoarthrosis of his left tibia (leg bowing) due to his NF. Braeden has successfully completed 60 weeks of chemotherapy treatments and one day his tibia will likely be replaced with a steel rod. Bronson began chemotherapy treatment on February 27.

We are having a tournament at Full Tilt (and running in a 10k race) to raise money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. You can read more about it here:

active.com/donate/nfFlyingPig2008/CSteine3

(You can also make direct donations at that link, every little bit helps!)

Here are the details of the tournament:

Tournament #44269053 20:00 ET (8 PM ET)

Name/Title: Children's Tumor Foundation
Password: charity
Date: April 23
Time: 20:00(8 PM)ET
Buyin: $5 + $5, The fee goes to the charity, the buy in to the prize pool.
Game: NL Holdem

Phil Gordon, Lynette Chan, Karina Jett, Mike Swick, Adam Schoenfeld and Chris Klecz are already registered to play!

Other pros that have shown interest, but haven't registered yet:

Andy Bloch, Paul Wolfe, Kristy Gazes and Michael Craig.

These pros will register the day of the tournament if they are around. I'm waiting to hear back from a bunch of other pros as well and I will continue to contact them until the day of the tourney.

We also just had a gentleman donate 18 autographed copies of his new poker book and another gentleman donate a few copies of Rounders DVDs to be given as prizes.

For $10 you can play against some of the best players in the world AND raise money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Can you think of a better way to spend 10 bucks? I can't.

You may want to get registered now! It's going to fill up extremely fast with 10 pros. We only have 900 spots and 33 (maybe more) are already filled with 18 days to go!

Last edited by chane : 04-05-08 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 06:39 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 14

Hey guys, this tournament is becoming HUGE! Everyone is talking about it - it's been talked about on Rounders Radio, Hold'em Radio and just about every poker forum online.

I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that all of the pros are now bounties!

You will receive an autographed copy of Mitchell Cogerts brand new book "Play Razz Poker to Win" for taking out a pro! (Limit one book per player.)

All you have to do is PM me your name, address and hand history at my forum or at this forum or email me at chane [at] theroundersroom.com.

The top 10-15 finishers will also get Phil Gordon's DVD (if we can get a hold of him again), Rounders movie DVD or Tony Korfmans autographed book, " HoldemPoker, Tournaments, cash games and embarrassing social gas". (All prizes are subject to availability.)

We got 5 days left to go. Our goal is 900 players - we currently have 177 players. We're on our way to 900, but you can help us out by telling a friend!

This could end up being the best $10 tournament you've ever played in (or missed, if you don't get in NOW!)

« Ajax Poker Tournament (Sat. April 12th, 2008) | High Stakes Poker »