Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-05, 08:35 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0
Default online tourneys?

i have a question. what type of tourney do y'all prefer? do you like to play in a freezeout tournament or in a re-buy tournament?

thanks
Old 08-09-05, 09:37 PM
Bust

I prefer freezeouts. Got ****** over in a rebuy tourney today so yea.
Old 08-09-05, 10:09 PM
Banned (Copied posts from other forums)

Default depends on your play

you have to have good control in rebuys, i dont mind them i play fairly tight for the first hour b/c others are playing so loose, try to maybe triple my stack and then after the rebuy period i letloose while everyone else has tightened their play.
Old 08-10-05, 12:52 PM
Bust

If you are not prepared to rebuy 1 or 2 times then its probably not worth your time entering a rebuy tourney. Rebuys will generally leave you at a disadvantage even if you are as the additional rebuys will rarly even increase the prize money (this is the case at poker.com). So you have the choice of paying more than $5 to enter a $5 tourney, or just pay $5 and play shortstack from the beginning??

However, rebuy tourneys tend to attract the looserplayers who intend to hustle and love playing with chip leads. So you can kinda get a bead on the type of player if they rebuys 3-4 times initially chances are theyll try to hussle more than your average joe.

online poker companies are making enough monies as it is, if your prize money doesnt increase with the extra buy ins.. play freezeout.
Old 08-10-05, 04:52 PM
Banned

Freezouts are only way to go - re-buys seem more like Freerolls - lots of crazy play 1st hour-------------
Old 08-10-05, 04:55 PM
Bust

Send a message via Yahoo to luvin

re-buys seem to last forever ... and ever... and ever ... played in one and this guy did 25 re-buys ...

Last edited by luvin : 08-10-05 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-10-05, 05:20 PM
Bust

The problem with rebuys for me is that it allows those real loose players to just buy back in straight at the beginning if their "bingo" cards don't hit, and that's just annoying. Plus, i hate the fact that I basically have to do an add on because usually half the field are adding on as well, so u have to keep pace. It just ends up costing you a good amount of money. Rebuy and add on tournaments should only be done if you're a real good multi table player, and if you have a good sized bankroll to support rebuying and adding on for them. Also, u gotta have patience to wait all those bingo players who love to push with anything before the first break.
Old 08-10-05, 06:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to HammerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngar23
i have a question. what type of tourney do y'all prefer? do you like to play in a freezeout tournament or in a re-buy tournament?

thanks

I prefer everything what is free!!!
Old 08-10-05, 06:43 PM
Bust

I hate rebuys, I more of a freeze out fan. Rebuys are just idiots that go allin the first couple hands and if they win or lose they dont care,it's madness.
Old 08-10-05, 06:44 PM
Bust

Freeze-outs that way terrible players are not able to get back into things, horseshit players should be out and stay out. there are to many people with to much money than they earn....I dont know what their problems are, just pitiful. I hate sitting here and watching people win with pocket 2's when yo uknow they donthave anything but no one is smart enough to call them...or read them..