Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-07, 02:42 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 7
Default Can't meet the blinds.

Hi Guys,
I've a question which I can't find the answer to anywhere on the net. I was playing poker in a pub competition the weekend.

There was some player who's turn it was to be little blind though he couldn't meet the bet. At this stage we were down to the final table with 4 players. In this scenario I would have thought if he did win the hand he would have won the amount of money he put in, though he insisted he was entitled to all the blinds if he won. He essentially shouted the complete table down and was the organizer of the competition in the pub so he was meant to be the expert.

I think the blinds were 1000/2000. He put in 200 to meet the small blind. The big blind player met the bet(2000) and one other player did also.The fourth player folded. 4200 in the pot.

Well he won the hand and took the blinds and the player who met the blinds(4200).

Question: Was this guy cheating???? What should have happened in this situation?

thx.
Old 10-09-07, 10:43 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 51

Hi, Larswhite.

Well i dont know if he was cheating or if he was only wrong(...) but i can tell you that he should never had won those chips !! As you say, he had to put 2000 because he was the small blind. Instead he went all in with his only 200 chips, right? So there were 1800 chips missing: 800 to complete his small blind more the 1000 chips to call the big blind. So, he could only win his bet multiplied by the number of players that didnt fold! three players = 600. He should only have won 600 chips!
Lars, explain this to him: in poker we only pass to the next round (pre-flop to flop; flop to turn; turn to river) when every player puts the same ammount of chips in the pot! That way its "fair" to everyone... Imagine if the blinds were 10 000 / 20 000 for example...a player has only 100 chips and he goes all in. Nine other players call. Now imagine this player has the wining hand. If your "friend" was right, this "all in player" would win an incredible ammount of 180100 CHIPS!!! UAU!!! If poker was like that, it wouldnt be the great game that it is
I hope i helped

PS - anyway, if in his pub you get the beer for free, forget about it...

Last edited by CALLIBAN : 10-09-07 at 10:44 PM. Reason: wrong mispelling...
Old 12-14-07, 02:12 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 5

Your friend did make a mistake although I doubt he was trying to cheat. As the person above me said you only get the ammount of chips you put in multiplied by the number of people in the pot.
Old 12-27-07, 04:38 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to lucky7s

Yeah as every1 above has said he puts what he got in to the pot and every1 who wants to play matchs his chips & goes in to a seperate pot. I also play in a pub league & problems have occured with people thinking they are entitled to chips they are not. We have had a cheat trying to take chips that weren't his in a multiple all in. Though we do have a problem of adhering to the rules in our pub league if we complain the landlord says it aint WSOP. Doesn't matter you should play to the rules at whatever level it like not giving free-kicks or pens in football because its Sunday League
Old 12-28-07, 01:31 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 1
Red face amazing

all of you people are amazing teach me your ways/
Old 01-02-08, 08:04 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 6

That's such a basic concept that he had to have been cheating (or he is honestly challenged mentally.)
Old 02-20-08, 03:26 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 49

he was cheating... lol or somthing thats the stupidest thing i ever heard