Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-08, 10:10 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materazzi83 View Post
Call i think...If he hit 3 of a kind there he wouldn't go all-in yet... Its good to slow 3 of a kind in rainbow flop

Yeah but if the guy is a maniac type player, he may not be smart enough to slow roll it. It depends on how much money is on the table, and how long you have been playing for etc. However, I hate risking my whole stack on just top pair, unless you feel you have a great read on a player.
Old 03-14-08, 04:38 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 31

Look at his behavior, is he bored, does he wanna go home? Than he won't care about his money any more . It's also possible he's on tilt, has he lost lots of hands lately and had many suck-outs? But this situation is the most unlikely.

It's more likely that he loosened up and called with a 10 4 or 4 8 and hit his miracle flop (2 pair). He tought you would call because you wouldn't be able to put him on this hand. That's why i think he tried to trap you. Online they do it all the time, maybe that's where he learned it from.

Another scenario:he had pocket jacks or AT (top pair, top kicker) and he knew that if you had higher pocket pair you would have bet more then 2$ so he's quite confident he has the best hand (an overpair) but he doesnt want any Q,K,A to appear on the turn or river. He's scared, because he had suck-outs like this before with this hand, when he tried to slow play it. And he knew, because you bet preflop and after the flop there was a raise and reraise he knew it wouldn't be easy to make you guys(=the people that raised= the ones that made a pair 10s with the board or the ones with 2 overcards, which aren't always the best hand when you get to the river) fold
Old 04-02-08, 05:01 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 51

In this case I think you should call...
Old 05-12-08, 08:35 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 169

Well... he is a maniac. So probably you know does he limp/cold call with jacks... or would he jam it preflop with that hand.

I doubt he has jacks, queens, kings or aces or tens, because you raised only 4xBB, and he would probably reraised that with any hand listed above. He has to have some sort of drawing hand or a low pocket pair.

9J, 8T, 97, TJ, TQ, JQ, 56, 67, TK, T9, 44, 88, 89, 87 these are hands that give him some action, and he's probably going all-in with. He has you beat at this point only with T8, 88 and 44.

I would fold.

He called a raise so I'd put him on some sort of suited connector because he's a maniac and because of his all-in he most probably didn't flop a set, he would probably slowplay that, the same for 2 pair... in my opinion he has one of these hands:

9Js give him straight draw + backdoor flush draw,the same for 97s,
QJs give him gut-shot straight draw + backdoor flush draw + 2 overcards,
gut-shot and backdoor flush draws for 67s and 56s.

your best chances are against 89, 87, T9, TJ, TQ and TK. But since you have one ten already, there is a much greater chance he has some of the hands listed above and most of them are almost coin flips - so the answer is fold.

Last edited by vukojebina : 05-12-08 at 08:44 PM.