Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-06, 02:09 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 7
Default Worth calling?

is it worth to call a raise (doubled the big blind) with perhaps 910 suited on the button and noticing the way he has been playing, he always raises his ace cards with any kicker
Old 12-01-06, 07:17 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

Absolutely. You may flop a pair or straight draw. For the price of one BB, I would call. Plus since you will be the last to act, you can always bluff and take down a pot.
Old 12-01-06, 08:58 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrbluFF View Post
is it worth to call a raise (doubled the big blind) with perhaps 910 suited on the button and noticing the way he has been playing, he always raises his ace cards with any kicker
9-10s to me is a fantastic starting hand that I play as if it were AK, but that's just me. From the button it is in my opinion a great place to call from. If a face card hits and you are last to act you can wait to see what he does to see if he may have hit, or bet like you did. If low cards hit you can bet and maybe push him out. It's a great place to be. Here's an example. Let's say he has AKo and you have 9-10h. Flop comes qh-7s-6h. He may not bet for fear you have the queen. If he bets and you call this may increase his suspicion. If after the turn an AK doesn't hit then he will probably check to you and when you bet he should fold. Also you may hit your straight, and still you have a chance to hit the flush or your cards. If an ace does hit and you know he usually plays aces you might want to try to recall what kickers he considers worth having. You can play as if you have a better kicker, or just get out of the hand. There are many ways to play it, if all low cards hit on the flop you should be able to scare him away since he didn't hit. If you do hit he may never see it coming since he may expect you to have to overs, assuming you would have folded anything less to his bet before the flop. One vital piece of information about your opponent is will he call every bet if he hits his ace, and will he call any bet if he doesn't think you hit hoping his ace high is good? If so you have to play accordingly.
Old 04-11-07, 08:08 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 19

very much so.....lol........9 10 is my absolute favorite hand.......especially of clubs.........idk why........that hand has never let me down.........never.......lol
.............KP
Old 04-18-07, 01:59 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 86

9 /10 ... I call on 2/4 game but on 3/6 game I usualy fold.
Old 07-03-07, 10:10 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 4

Absolutely. You may flop a pair or straight draw. For the price of one BB, I would call. Plus since you will be the last to act, you can always bluff and take down a pot.