Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-05, 10:07 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Club Barry Greenstein

Perhaps the most underrated player in the Poker world right now, Barry Greenstein is one of the most respected players to pick up a pair of cards. His respect is well-earned; Greenstein, who is a calculated player of great intelligence has shown his ability time and time again, taking out many higher profile players along the way.

Read Full article at http://www.blindbetpoker.com/profile...reenstein.html
Old 08-08-05, 01:28 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

Barry Greenstein has to be one of the best gentlemen playing poker today. He is not in it for the money but for fun and that can be seen by him donating all his winnings to charity. A great man that I admire for doing so.
Old 08-08-05, 07:02 PM
Bubble

i agree....if more ppl had barry's attitude the game would take on a whole new meaning in sportsmanship
RESPECT #1
Old 08-08-05, 07:07 PM
Short Stack

I doubt any of the big name players under-estimate him. Those who watch poker casually might because they don't know about cash games, which he focuses on more than tournaments.
Old 08-09-05, 02:39 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 9

I like Barry Greenstein a lot because of the money he raises for charity, which apparently has had a domino effect in the poker community, especially with the money the top pros are making now. I had some issues with Greenstein's book "Ace on the River", which is really a coffee table book. It has more pictures than useful information. Some of the info near/at the end of the book is useful, but it can be read at the bookstore. You don't need to spend $30 on this book.

I find it a little convenient that Greenstein got all mouthy about other players the same month his book came out. His series of heads up matches against Daniel Negreanu seems like publicity more than poker.

The first post in the thread referred to Greenstein as one of the most underrated players in poker. To that list I would like to include Joe Awada, Michael Gracz and Allen Cunningham. Unfortunately the "talent" of a lot of players in equated with how much of a media whore they are. The silent but deadly types are just as good or better.

Last edited by ReadChomsky : 08-24-05 at 01:59 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-06-05, 09:50 PM
Bust

Can you believe Barry even had a chapter on sex! BarryG? I also didnt know he had a kid with Mimi Tran. They always characterize her as his "pupil" but I have never heard that on TV. maybe Barry is an undercover mack after all.