Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-06, 05:18 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 42
Send a message via AIM to Mr Mardy Arse
Question Folding Pocket Aces After Hitting Trips....

Ok, here's the scenario... It's a multi-table tourney, just over 4,000 entrants... I get an early lead after calling a few of the all-in idiots first hand with pocket aces. I stay tourney chip leader throughout the whole tourney.
I would of played the my forst ever perfect game if not for this hand..

What would you do?

23 players left i am tournement chip leader with 1,9 million chips plus change. The next biggest stack on my table is 750k.

The blinds are 10,000/20,000 with antes of 1,000

Ok so i'm first position, dealt pocket aces Spades and hearts.
I don't want to scare everyone off the pot so as i've benn playing real tight due to me being dealt premium hands at an over exciting rate... I raise 3x the big bling to 60,000... To my delight i get 4 callers, including the guy with 750k, flop comes down Ac,4c,9c... I raise it up to 80,000 to go... It folds round to 750k guy and he raises allin.... He's being player rather tight also and i can see he is a half decent player so after deliberating for as long as time would allow i throw my hand to the muck fearing the flush, he shows me pocket 9s......... No club!

The reason for folding is that if i called and he had hit the flush i would of undone all my hard work to have a dominating chip stack, and i would of also have him with a huge stack..... Thoughts please...?

Oh by the way i won and netted a massive $45 lol.... It was only a freeroll.... But still i enjoy the variance of players that sit in to play a freeroll tourney.
Old 11-12-06, 05:36 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I would have called for two reasons. You would have still had a 1 in 3 shot (7 outs x 2 = 14 / 45) in making a Boat or Quads (if he already had a flush). Also you had 2.5 times his stack so you could afford to take a large hit. You still won the tournie anyways ... congrats on beating out 4k players. That is no small feat.
Old 11-12-06, 09:55 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 42
Send a message via AIM to Mr Mardy Arse
Default Good point well made...

I see your point, and will take this on board in the future. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Maybe i did play it wrong. Damn me! Lol
Old 11-12-06, 01:26 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 90

I would have called for sure, see 1000$ antex 10 is 10000, 80000x5= 400000
This makes it 410000$ before the flop and it's A-9-3~ C. You bet 80000, which to me usually seem like a weak play (of course I'm wrong in this hand), and he goes all in. As someone mentioned you have a 1-3 chance if he has a made flush and there are 490000$ before his raise of 670000$ which puts the pot well over 1 million. 1m 160k to be exact. You will therefore win 390k with the 670k bet IF he has a flush. Now you are a slight underdog with the odds, IF the guy has you beat. Now you ask yourself, would he make the same play with a A-9, 9-9? I'd say yes, you made a weak play on the flop and he raised you to pick up the pot. (he might have put you on the king of clubs and therefore he didn't want you in the pot with him, even if he's the guy with the edge).

And you're the chip leader and can stand a hit. you'll still have about a million if you lose and you'll be in a comanding position for the rest of the tournament.
And if you win, you're almost certain to win.
I can't recall a time I didn't win the tournament if I got to the final table with the chiplead.
Old 11-16-06, 04:50 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

in your case, i wouldn't ever fold that hand.. but who knows,.. you won a tourney at the end! congrats

but... what do you say about this one?
i played 0.25/0.5.. and was in real loss (of 70$ in that moment which is too much for me coz i don't play that stakes really often) and really pissed.. it was donkey table, i was sucked 2 hard times (AJ with AJ on flop vs AQ - he cought a queen) - then with ladies on low flop against AK - ace came on river..

it was a table where every suited card was played, .. in this moment it was only 3 of us in the table.. i limped to try to trap them, and on that turn (even if i was on tilt) i had too many outs but had that feeling that i willn't hit any of them!.. and i didn't raised there... is there anybody who would do the same? and now i'm thinking about that, and i think it was the best fold of my life..

as i realized from my 15hrs/day play there, titan poker is a bitch.. that Ace on turn was dealt to me just to make me to lose all my bankroll! and i was beaten by two players in that hand! that usually happen there.. you're dealt a monster hand with lot of outs (hand which you can't fold!) - but in that (my) case you must consider if you need outs - coz you have set of aces in three way play - and that is a pretty good hand! (but you have lot of outs even if you're beaten there, but that outs almost never come).. and your opponent(s) usually have you with rags

later i recovered all my money + got 5$ profit if i moved there which was a usual move i would be in 130$ loss and i would stop to play that table .. greetings for big slick which gave me my money back!
Attached Images
To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

Last edited by dovla : 11-17-06 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-18-06, 11:42 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 20
Default my choice

I would've called because of the fact that his bet was very exaggerated. and also the odds and outs involved. But sometimes ya just need to go with your gut!...lol...but your cautiousness payed off and you place in the money which is the best part, good job.