Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-06, 08:18 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243
Default KQ - marriage hand !?

KQsuited or not.. i think KQ and JJ are one of the most difficult hands to play..
it really depends of position the way how i'm playing them, but those hands usually know to be my last hands in tourneys..
i have a couple of questions, and really want to know your opinion.. here they are!

what's the best play in early position ?! standard raise, limping or folding?
what's the best play in middle position? standard raise or limping?
what to do in raised pot? calling or folding?
what to do in late position (button or sb) when everyone else folded?
what to do in sb position when you make standard raise and BB with bigger stack knowing him calling with variety of hands (but not a "donkey") puts you allin?
how do you play KQ or JJ in NL cash game?

i can give answers on those questions, but i don't think my answer will be right. for me it really depends of tourney, what the stage of tourney is, and about prize pool. bigger prize pool tourneys are played by better and tighter players, so in raised pot there KQ and JJ really can be trouble hands.

if you call raised pot with KQ, and top pair comes on flop, your hand can be really vunerable there.. like i said, i don't have the right answer.
Old 09-24-06, 08:44 AM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovla View Post
i have a couple of questions, and really want to know your opinion.. here they are!
Really, you answered your own questions, dovla. It all does depend on the table environment. On some tables, KQ might fly if you catch a K on the flop. But I agree, on a tight table, it would be unwise to call a raise with KQ. The only exception would be if you flop a flush, but if you do, then you have to be wary of another player having the A to beat your flush.
Old 09-24-06, 02:22 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

I love KQ especially suited but and ace rag has you beat and it is hard to lay down an all in with KQ when it gets deep in the tourney. Odds are the next player in with you has a pair or Ace and a great kicker. So it is tough to play KQ and be confident with the hand.
Old 09-26-06, 11:47 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 26

KQ sucks for me. I always go bust on those for some reason. as for JJ, i don't usually see to many pocket pairs and when I do, there are always 2 overs so my decison is easier as long as i'm not pot committed. Every poker book will tell you the JJ is the hardest hand to play.
Old 09-26-06, 10:14 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 10

see with j-j i either go really agressive being all in or raising like 4xbb or limping in and hoping to hit or get a flop similar to 3-6-10 where u know there is a good chance that no one at your table will put you on such a hand. for the most part when i have j-j i find myself all in against a-q or a-k but ocasionally i get those hands which i dominate against. With the hand k-q i will always limp and never raise prefop. the main reason being if you are called or reraised you know that you are probably beat.for example you are up against a hand like a-q a-k and when you hit your hand you are outkicked. in a standard 9 person or 10 person table k-q may not be ahead but when you get down to like 5 or less people i think it is a must to raise hard with this hand as there is a good chance you are the odds on favorite preflop.
Old 10-28-06, 11:50 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

I play jacks either SUPER agressive, or limp in and fold after the flop if nothing comes out.

....As far as hands like KQ off and A 10 off, I think the reason they are so dangerous is because we don't seem to see the similarity in chasing overcards (Just like chasing flushes/open-ended straights, etc...) and how, given a low pot odds, is simply suicide.

I dont think a chase is a bad bet when pot odds are right.....but this KQ off is a hand we tend to chase with....

I like to think of it as I put my seat belt on before the accident, not after.....so either demonstrate strength early or get out early.

Orb
Old 09-03-07, 05:08 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 1
Default kq

Really, you answered your own questions, dovla. It all does depend on the table environment