Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-05, 04:06 PM
Banned (Copied posts from other forums)

BBP Points: 0
Default Wow

Poor Phil Ivey has gone on a terrible run of bad final tabels in the past year, but is without a doubt one of the greatest poker players on the tour. The man with the best eyes in poker. It is awesome to watch his eyes dart around and gather information. He seems to have an uncanny ability to smell weakness in opponents. Yet I was appaled when I watched him blow a 8 to 1 chip lead with like 5 people left on ESPN the other week. Like robert williamson said, "sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers."

xmanpike
Old 08-21-05, 04:17 PM
Banned

yea he is amazing, the reads and decisions he makes are second to none, although he did play terribly on tv the other day when he went heads up with someone, he appeared to almost be bored and was just lookin for a quick way to end it.
Old 08-22-05, 09:00 PM
Bubble

Phil Ivey is definetely the greatest poker play in my opinion. Sure he's been doing fairly bad lately, but he'll bounce back. He's like the Tiger Woods of poker, not trying to be racist or anything, but I also think he's pretty cool wearing jerseys and what not while playing poker.

He's also still a very young player and hopefully, I'll have the chance to meet him once maybe in the world series...
Old 08-22-05, 09:12 PM
Chip Leader

yeah at his young age, it's amazing what he's gonna achieve by the time he gets old

and yeah i agree, the very first time i saw him on TV playing poker, i thought "what the heck is Tiger Woods doing there poker? :S"

i'm guessing that's why people call him tiger wood of poker right :S or is it because he accomplished things so much despite being so young :S or maybe both. i wouldn't know
Old 10-24-07, 12:55 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtyear View Post
yeah at his young age, it's amazing what he's gonna achieve by the time he gets old

and yeah i agree, the very first time i saw him on TV playing poker, i thought "what the heck is Tiger Woods doing there poker? :S"

i'm guessing that's why people call him tiger wood of poker right :S or is it because he accomplished things so much despite being so young :S or maybe both. i wouldn't know

I heard this too.