Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Professional Poker Players
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-05, 12:32 PM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Club Phil Hellmuth

While his table attitude may have attracted some negative attention, few people can dispute the fact that Phil Hellmuth is one of the most accomplished Poker players in the history of the game. Already at age 40, Hellmuth has placed in over 35 top Poker events, and is currently tied with legends Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan for the record for most WSOP victories, with nine.

Read full article at http://www.blindbetpoker.com/profile...-hellmuth.html
Old 08-05-05, 09:38 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

What can I say that isn't known about Phil Helmuth. Phil is the best in his own mind hands down, but there is evidence to support his theory. He has a ton of bracelts under his belt.

Phil is known and possibly hated for his attitude at the table. Every play he makes is good and everytime he loses the other player got lucky and he still is the best. He is very funny to watch, sometimes he self distructs like he did vs anne duke in the tournament of champions 2003.

All in all Phil is an excellent player but I think his attitude gets in the way of even him.
Old 08-05-05, 09:58 PM
Bust

he is a complete poker brat and is one of my favorite poker player to watch after Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu. I recently heard his commentary on cardplayer during the final table of WSOP 2005. He sounded like a complete gentleman there. I also have bought all his poker dvds and they are fun to watch
Old 08-08-05, 09:31 PM
Short Stack

No matter how many times he over-reacts, hes still a great poker player.

"If it wasnt for luck, i'd win every hand" (Is that the right statement?)

^^^Best poker lines uttered ever, haha.
Old 08-09-05, 02:43 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 9

Love him or hate him, the guy can flat out play. Yes, he takes himself too seriously at times, and he has the reputation of being terribly insecure, but it's good for poker to have some characters as long as they back it up with their play.

I also recommend Hellmuth's poker book Play Poker Like the Pros. The sections of the book about No Limit are not very long, but certainly worth studying. I place his book on par with Cloutier's Pot Limit and No Limit. I consider those two books to be below Super System and Harrington on Hold'em. Hellmuth's other book Bad Beats and Lucky Draws is more biographical than anything else. It's apparently the prototype for Annie Duke's biographical book that comes out later this year.
Old 08-09-05, 08:09 PM
Short Stack

^^^ Havent checked those books yet but i probably will soon.
Old 08-16-05, 04:54 PM
Bubble

Have to admit it he is a great player. I just can't stand his or anybody elses whining. We all play poker, we all get bad beats, we all win with bad beats, so sit down be a man, shut your mouth, and play the game. I don't mind a little bit but he will complain about it for hours. I enjoy the players who win and lose with respect and dignity ala Phil Ivey.
Old 08-16-05, 05:34 PM
Chip Leader

Default -

Phil Hellmuth can go bust. i don't care
i don't like his impatience.
sure his good, but there are far more players who are better than him i think.
namely the name sharer Phil Ivey

i think Phil Hellmuth is known for his ability to read players was it?
he did recently win that headsup tourney though.. so i guess i'll have to give him credit.
Old 08-16-05, 05:46 PM
Bust

Phil is my favorite player. Not very many people can make monster laydowns like phil i.e. folding top pair heads up vs Annie Duke multiple times in last year in the Tournament of Champions and the one he made this year (won't spoil it).

I also love his quotes:
"If there weren't luck involved, I'd win every one of them."

"That's why I am the greatest person in the world. Even the best players are willing to give me their chips... or at least they try"
Old 08-20-05, 08:41 AM
Banned

phil is an amazing poker player, he is just a baby when he loses... not really a bad guy just doesnt take losing well.. his poker game is close to flawless though as he has mastered the game when it comes to SLOWPLAYING, my favorite aspect