Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-06, 02:30 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 52
Default Pokerstars feels rigged

I donno if any of you guys have seen my previous threads about my bad luck but I decided to try depositing money into my pokerstars again and yet again my bankroll just kept going lower and lower. Right before I went broke I played a turbo S&G and I picked up Kings and went raised all-in and was called with a 9's and I knew in my bones a 9 was gonna come up, and it did.

I just have ridiculously bad luck playing online. I can't try any other poker site because my method of deposit is only WU. I told my friends about this they kept telling me that online poker is dangerous because they cheat you and stuff like that and they have players or maybe 'bots' on the table playing for them robbing our money. I first thought it was a long shot but I am thinking the fact that it's all online makes the cards you get and what comes up very manipulatable.

Now before you call me an idiot I did some research and I know some of you guys say it's probably the player and not the website but trust me I just keep getting outdrawn one time after another. I really really want to keep playing online but I really feel that it's really shady. When I play 'play' money tournaments and ring games I keep picking up masive hands and it keeps holding up. I know it's play money but I am talking about the hands and combinations I can make. I get quads and everything. It never ever happens when I play real money. People say they probably do this to encourage you to try out real money and then they rob you.

Have any of you have similar experiences or encounters? or any comments?

Brandon

Last edited by StriderTacticaL : 09-10-06 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-10-06, 03:43 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 10

I'm pretty sure that hands in play money games aren't really random.

If you don't like to play on pokerstars, then deposit through pokerstars, withdraw to a neteller account (or firepay, whatever) and deposit somewhere else. I've hear enough storys about pokerstars now that talk about unbelievable hands and bad beats.
Old 09-10-06, 07:32 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I also had a heck of a time buying into a Poker Room (two years ago). I finally bought in at Paradise Poker with a Visa for $100 and the play was very tight on the micros. I set up a Neteller account and withdrew everything ($80) and tried Party Poker. I finally started winning and learned how to clear Bonuses (by playing Limit).

That was my FIRST and LAST deposit online. Since then I have been winning and withdrawing steadily. Jumping from Neteller to Poker Rooms with a Bonus and back. Great hobby.

I had also tried Pokerstars (home of Moneymaker and Raymer) and noticed the same things as you. I took many bad Beats. Their Bonuses were difficult for me to earn. I gave them the Punt.
Old 09-10-06, 08:13 AM

BBP Points: 103

Hi Strider,

It definitely sounds like you've had a tough time of it. Personally, I don't buy into the idea that online poker is rigged; I think the sites have too much to risk to make their poker games shady. Also, I've played PokerStars and several other sites successfully. In fact, my largest cash win to date was a 45 player tournament at PokerStars.

Lately, though, I've been playing more at Pacific Poker. I made one $25 deposit there, and have played 53 cash games (so far) on that original deposit, most of them $10 single table SnGs. I haven't placed in every tournament, but I've placed often enough to keep building my bankroll using a tight aggressive style of play.

It is possible to make money playing online poker, but it requires patience, a consistent playing style, and the ability to adapt to different table dynamics when necessary.
Old 09-10-06, 02:36 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0

It can be tempting to blame losing on factors outside your control. However, I have yet to see a convincing argument to support the contention that Poker Stars or any other site is rigged.

And if you truly belive that, then why are you still playing there? Or, if you are going to play there anyway, then why aren't you adapting your play to take advantage of the site being rigged. For instance, why go all in with your KK hand? If the site is actually rigged, then you should be looking for opportunities to suck out on other players by going in when you're behind, not ahead.
Old 09-10-06, 02:50 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

I dont believe that any poker sites are rigged. The thing is that since you see so many more hands online you will have alot more suckouts and bad beats then you would live. If you are still not convinced try to do a little tracking of your hands while you are playing by using the hand histories. Compare the times you do get sucked out compared to how many times you dont. Then compare that to the real odds and see what you find out. If the odds dont match up then you can post it up here and I will believe you that poker sites are rigged and never play online poker again.
Old 09-10-06, 05:10 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91

My first depost was also at paradise but my results were in the negetive. But Paradise is still my very favorite site. Maybe because it was my "first". Had better results at Pacific.My husband is of the mind that sites are rigged but I just have fun and one day I make it the the WSOP
Old 09-10-06, 05:55 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

There you go, that's the spirit. Play for fun and hopefully make a few cashouts. Don't get too hooked, 'cause I've felt the "fever" more than a few times. Bad Beats are gonna happen online, so don't bet the Rent Money.
Old 09-10-06, 07:31 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 0

I dont believe Pokerstars is rigged but I do believe on Pstars RNG really means river no good. Take a look at my blog and see the hands that went down last nite in another league game I play in which I live blogged. KK vs KK vs AT.. Ten hits on the flop... Kings still good... Ace river..... that was just one wild hand. I have seen set over set over set all three all-in on the flop. Some wild rides on riverstars.

I like the site, I like the tourney selection but I havent really been able to win on that site like I can on Titan or Royal Vegas
Old 09-11-06, 01:16 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 52

Thanks for the replies. Pokerstars might not definitely be rigged but I just feel that theres something up with that site, more than others.