Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-06, 03:53 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to elon05
Default Aug. 31st Quiz

The game is $20-$40. You are in the big blind with . An early player limps and another early player raises. Everyone folds to the small blind, who calls. You call. The early limper calls. There is $160 in the pot and four players. The flop comes: , giving you bottom two pair. The small blind checks. You bet. Everyone calls. There is $240 in the pot. The turn is the . The small blind checks. You bet and everyone calls. The pot is now $400. The river is the . The small blind checks. What do you do?

ELON05
Old 08-31-06, 07:11 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

as i realized that is limit game. my answer there is check.
if 3rd players bets, i would call.

it was a really dangerous flop there. one player reraised the preflop. he can posibbly hold AK or AQ, or high pocket pair (the only high pair that can be beaten there by KQ is JJ and 1010, and drawing hand like AJ). i'll put the third player on lower pp or pair and gutshot or flush draw on flop.
Old 08-31-06, 08:49 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

Its a close call and would mostly depend on the players but I would have to say raise again. The turn and the river didnt help your opponets so you know that they would have to have something on the flop. If I was the preflop raiser and I had the AK or AQ I would reraise on the turn or the river to try to get rid of the draw and go heads up with me. And the limper and the small blind are probaly on some kind of draw so they would probaly fold to my bet. So raising on the end you can probaly get the preflop raiser to call with AJ, A10, JJ or mabye tens. Limit is all about getting the extra bets in so if I knew the players who I was playing with I could make this play. Otherwise if I had just sat down in the game I would check and make a crying call if anyone bet.

Another thing, are we ever going to get an "answers" to these questions or are they just "thought provoking"
Old 09-01-06, 01:35 PM
Short Stack

Send a message via AIM to elon05
Default answer

you both gave good answers but here is what I would suggest doing.

Bet. When you have two pair, bet the turn, and no one raises, your hand is probably good when a blank comes at the river. Some of your opponents were hanging around on draws that didn't get there. With $400 in the pot, you might as well bet and pick up some crying $40 river calls from guys with one pair. If someone had a better hand, they probably would have shown some strength on the turn. Finally, you are unlikely to get raised by a better two pair, since they may fear you have jack-ten for the nuts.
Old 09-01-06, 02:50 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

elon, i think your answer is the best. i don't play limited poker a lot. if i think again about that hand, to let myself as a preflop raiser with - for example AK or AQ or if i completed my set on flop i would re-raise on flop and turn because of too many draws outthere (flush draw, and 10 and J would give somebody a 4-card str8). So, probably KQ is the best hand on showdown.
Old 09-01-06, 06:43 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 258

I play quite a bit of Limit on Party and I would keep on betting because the turn and river were blanks and probably did not help anyone. Plus most players with Top two pairs, trips or nut straight would have bet or Check-raised you on the turn. Keep on betting and hope for the scoop.

Trip 4's or 2's is unlikely, because most players use the "no set, no bet" philosophy. The odds of catching a set on the turn are about 1 in 23 and is generally not worth it in the long haul.

If someone check-raises you on the river, you were probably beat on the flow, but you still need to call.
Old 09-03-06, 12:53 PM
Bust

Default two pair

In this case I guess I would bet it hoping that noone is holding the jack ten combination and also hope that the two next turns are good to me and do not turn a jack or ten. In any case I would probably bet this flopping two pair is usually a good hand and I would want to bet to try to force the players with worse pairs out to keep them from lucking up a strait or flush. Play it to easy and you may get trapped by a weaker hand.