Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-06, 09:41 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Be an agressor

The thing is, that you have to show people you can raise on a variety of hands. Make some raises, if you sense weakness, and steal the pot. If you do that enough times people will call you, and ultimately, you will be lying there with pocket Aces, ready to take the pot down.

Tjernobyl
Old 10-02-06, 08:11 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

Quote:
The thing is, that you have to show people you can raise on a variety of hands. Make some raises, if you sense weakness, and steal the pot. If you do that enough times people will call you, and ultimately, you will be lying there with pocket Aces, ready to take the pot down.

That is a wonderful point. I was playing with this guy the other night, and he would not play anything unless it was a huge hand. So, everytime this guy played, everyone folded. And he showed his hand everytime,,, i guess to show that he only played big hands. Anyway, needless to say, he didnt make much or last very long.
Old 10-02-06, 12:51 PM
Bust

I don't think raising x4 was a mistake...it was just bad luck as nobody else had anything good enoudh to call...things like this happen all the time and you shouldn't get angry with yourself..
Old 10-18-06, 01:03 PM
Bust

Exclamation Slow playing

Raising with aces is a perfect stratergy I think. I have been caught slow-playing my pocket rockets too many times. Every hand I received aces I had slow played and never caught anything on the flop. I lost a lot of money slow playing so I recomenned raising with them because the chances of catching a set on the flop is marginal. Like Acorn89 said you could have been up against another pocket pair and they would have caught a set.

Either a large raise or substantial one or all in for me when I get aces.
Old 10-28-06, 08:20 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 21

I always all in with AA alot of people will call and you also get some players chips that all in with nothing so i always fast play them!
Old 10-29-06, 02:12 AM
Bust

Send a message via AIM to Sweblackbird Send a message via MSN to Sweblackbird Send a message via Skype? to Sweblackbird

You really got lucky to get AA, and you got it again. That's unbelieve, I never got so good hand in a raw. If you get a AA don't bet so much. Try to slow play and you maybe can get some chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Law View Post
Ok, here is a situation. I am playing a SNG, and the very first hand I get is AA.

In my opinion, AA is a great hand (others would dispute that). Anyway, I bet 4 times the small blind. And guess what.... Everyone folds.

Later in the tourny, I get AA AGAIN. Again I bet 4x BB, and yet AGAIN, everyone folds.

Is 4X bb too much to bet with this monster starter? Table was playing very conservatively, but still.
Old 10-29-06, 02:25 AM
Bust

Default Aa

all in no matter what
Old 10-29-06, 02:32 AM
Bust

Send a message via AIM to Sweblackbird Send a message via MSN to Sweblackbird Send a message via Skype? to Sweblackbird

Its doesn't work to get all in , all the time. Becuase maybe all its going to fold and you lose a very good hand.
Old 10-29-06, 07:55 AM
Bust

hmm well when i get the AA pocket rockets, i like to start slow and rais a little and hope for a good turn out on the flop, like an K 2 9 or something like that. But then again i am a fairly agressive player and like to raise if i dont have a AA ill raise with a J8 but that is just how i am i dont know it its norm. AA you need to be carful not to scare them away that sucks though sorry man nice hands though.
Old 10-29-06, 08:26 AM
Bust

I dont even mess around with AA. ALLIN everytime. I dont care if i just pick up the blinds. To many times i slow play em and lose. Never again.