Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-06, 06:36 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

i agree with sensei, 4x the big blind is a smart bet, if you're planning to get people to fold
with pocket aces, if no one else bets before the flop, i usually just double, unless i'm short stacked, in which case i go all in. doubling the big blind, most will call, unless they have a hand they intended to fold anyway, in which case you've lost no callers. if you're short stacked, most will call just to take a chance at getting the entire pot, which can be a considerable amount if more and more people call so if your pocket aces win, you've just raked in a fair nice amount
Old 09-06-06, 10:39 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 22

Quote:
That is a good move because you know the person will bet on the flop and you'll get more chips. Wow this is a nice long post too i wonder how many points im going to get. Maybe i should just keep on typing like this so i can score myself some more points... What else can i add to milk this bad boy...

priceless...!
Old 09-19-06, 12:16 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 20

Never too agressive with AA. Your goal is to get 1-2 callers with this hand. Anymore than that you're preparing yourself to lose your stack. No doubt you will push any bet and push hard. But if you play more than 2 players in one hand with Aces odds are somebody will have 2 pair, maybe trips, and a flush draw. Odds will not be in your favor.
Old 09-20-06, 02:29 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 2

i don;t know why but 4*bb scares the sh** out of ppl...if u raise 6*bb u will always get a caller..but 4*bb never..
Old 09-20-06, 09:43 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 40
Unhappy

I've had the opposite problem lately--can't get anybody to fold. I've been playing the mini-tourneys, which I love. But all the players have been so loose that I haven't been able to get anyone out of the hand even with all in bets. so I've had AA, KK, AK, really premium hands beaten by rags because somebody was very lucky. I'm not criticizing them for playing the way they want to play, usually I make money off of loose players. It just seems lately that I've been running into tables of loose players. And if I play tight, and don't get some decent hands, I just end up nowhere. The rule is supposed to be: play tight at loose tables and loose at tight tables. But I've had no success at the many loose tables lately. Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-06, 11:47 AM
Bubble

BBP Points: 26

4x is the perfect amount to bet...remaining consistant will pay off in the long run...if everybody folded there was a reason and more than likely if they called they would of hit 2 pair on you and you would of lost...AA is over rated until you get late in tournaments
Old 09-21-06, 10:58 AM
Bust

Default AA to agresive

hi! ihad some bad expirience whit AA all in playing today !!! that's maybe is the charm of the game, nothing is realy sure! never!!!
Old 09-23-06, 07:29 AM
Bust

I have found that I tend to base my decisions with AA KK AK on my relative stack size to the blinds.....the smaller my stack and the higher the blinds the more likely I am to bet heavy, but, when my stack is larger in relation to the blinds I tend to be more conservative.....do I have the luxury of patience or must I try and survive.
Old 09-24-06, 07:16 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei24 View Post
Yes , you got it.
THe 4X bb is the best bet to scare someone from the table. Many players prefer to call a 6X bb or a 2X bb or even an all-in but never an 4X bb bet. i really don't know why, but try it for yourself and see in how many cases players will fold.

agree with you, i think it's better to study all your table players and be prepared for a hand like that to do the smart move when she came
Old 09-29-06, 06:44 PM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Law View Post
Ok, here is a situation. I am playing a SNG, and the very first hand I get is AA.

In my opinion, AA is a great hand (others would dispute that). Anyway, I bet 4 times the small blind. And guess what.... Everyone folds.

Later in the tourny, I get AA AGAIN. Again I bet 4x BB, and yet AGAIN, everyone folds.

Is 4X bb too much to bet with this monster starter? Table was playing very conservatively, but still.

I think it was fine - the only other play first hand is to go all in and hope for a fool.