Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Poker Tour
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-05, 11:34 AM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru
Default Brunson to buy WPT?

On July 7th, 2005 Doyle Brunson shocked both the Poker and economic communities when he took the unprecedented step of launching a bid to purchase 100% of World Poker Tour stocks. As if that werent shocking enough, Brunson offered WPTs ownership exactly twice the current value of their stocks; his total bid came in at around an incredible $700 million.

Read full article at http://www.blindbetpoker.com/news/brunson-bid.html

Last edited by Shaun : 08-05-05 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-05-05, 09:17 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0

Oh my I have heard no such news. Why does brunson need WPT stocks anyhow? And why on earth would he double what the stocks are worth? This is a shock to me because I have not seen any signs of interest in Brunson to buy the WPT stocks. This may possibly be a great move with the buzz of poker so great in the past few years.

I don't think Brunson is buying the stocks thinking that he will cash on them but I believe he is buying them for his family to profit off of because he is getting older now. I'm happy that a poker legend bought the stocks rather than a nobody.
Old 08-07-05, 10:37 PM
Short Stack

It's not Doyle Brunson trying to buy the WPT, but rather a group of investors including him. He's probably only a small stakeholder in the bid, but he's a great front man for them because of his status in the poker world.
Old 08-08-05, 12:24 PM
Bust

I think it would be a very wise investment to make. With the increasing popularity in poker, these investors will have their money back in no time.
Old 08-09-05, 08:45 AM
Banned

this certainly does sound like a very smart investment, poker is so hot right now, and I only see it's popularity growing, as the spike in interest of poker is filled with young teenagers who will be playing for their whole lives.
Old 08-09-05, 10:15 PM
Bust

Yeah! if the WPT is going to be sold it couldnt be in better hands than doyle brunson. i think its great news and a great thing that he made that bid.
Old 08-09-05, 10:19 PM
Banned

First of all, Doyle Brunson is garbage... he was good when there was 50 players in a tournament. NICE... also, he doesnt have $700 million laying around... he isnt good enough to make that much
Old 08-10-05, 08:07 AM
Banned

Does'nt already own everything that has to do with POKER??? ( Some folks just can not get enough-LOL)
Old 08-10-05, 11:26 AM
Bust

Thumbs up

omg 700million man why can't i win some thing like that . i would take all of you out for a drink in barbados bill on me all the way
Old 08-10-05, 02:50 PM
Bust

WPT has already established itself as the biggest poker tour on the planet and its not going to let that creep away from them. With the amount of revenue generated through online poker sites with minimal running costs to the sites themselves, they will have money to burn, money to burn on advertising.

Brunson a true gambler has made i belive a wise investment, (well him and the folk who are really pulling the strings)