Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Series of Poker
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-05, 10:48 AM
Banned

BBP Points: 0

Yeah, but the funny thing is that so many people see others winning millions, and they think they can do it IMMEDIATELY. It's not a walk in the park... you have to be a strong player and experienced as well, not to mention LUCKY AS HELL. And also, you see the same pros competing each year in the tournament, how often do you see the same guy at the final table consecutive years? I saw Dan Harrington past 2 years and now raymer this year. Raymer is a great player, i thought he was just a lucky lard when i watched him win it last year, but to finish 25th out of thousands of people is AMAZING. That consistency is unheard of. Harrington returned to the final table 2 years in a row, but there weren't half as many entrants. Raymer's key to success is aggression, and those glasses of course.
Old 08-20-05, 05:39 PM
Bubble

i love the coverage with those two commentaters are really funny and i love the versions of the nutz. overall espn really makes poker a lot more interesting. thanks
Old 08-20-05, 06:59 PM
Banned

lol yea, the commentators are the greatest. the funniest thing that norman chad said was when some chinese guy with the last name Tran was trying to call for an ace on the next card .. chad was like "Oh, look at this.. wait.. omg.... tran actually says the next card will be an ace, thats AMAZING" hahahaha
Old 08-21-05, 03:49 PM
Bubble

BBP Points: 46

I think it was great that Raymer went deep in the tourney after his magical run last year. Unlike Moneymaker who won it flukely and has not won a major tournament since Raymer came back and went deep showing that he is a world class poker player
Old 08-31-05, 08:26 PM
Bubble

Default No player cap

I think there will never be a player cap, but the hugh numbers will start to discourage players. I think the circuit format is good and will be expanded.
Old 09-03-05, 07:34 AM
Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyman
I think there will never be a player cap, but the hugh numbers will start to discourage players. I think the circuit format is good and will be expanded.

Yeah I agree with that totally, the huge amount of players does discourage me if I had the opportunity. Sure its a great gamble but man, it is a GAMBLE to end all gambles :P

Nice congrats to Raymer, Ivey, and Joe Hachem
Old 09-03-05, 09:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to Texas72 Send a message via Yahoo to Texas72

I think there will have to be a player cap at some point, assuming numbers keep rising. It took a week the play out the main event this year, and the Rio had built the convention center with the WSOP in mind. Harrah's is currently working on building a new location for the WSOP next year, but assuming the number of entrants keeps rising, it'll have to be capped just because they won't have the room or time to let everyone in.

Of course, greed is a powerful motivator - if Harrah's thinks they can get more money by having more players, they might just keep expanding and expanding. At some point though, you end up spending more money on your facility than you're taking in.
Whether he likes it or not, a mans character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden
Old 09-06-05, 05:53 PM
Bust

Actually guys, I think 6600 was all they could have handled this year. I think they would have capped it then. Or was it 6000? Somewhere around there. I read that somewhere around tourney time, I think cardplayer's coverage.
Old 01-22-06, 04:40 PM
Banned

Default ws

i cant even watch the main event anymore it just seems like there is not enough skill in the world for a player to win on skill. it seems like the main event is just a 10,000 dollar lottery because no great pros and yes i am excluding mike the mouth when i say great pros can make it all they way with the exception of dan harrington.
Old 01-22-06, 05:07 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 29
Send a message via AIM to AGreen

Considering that there were a lot of pros left at the final three tables I don't fully agree with the crapshoot theory. Sure, Steve Danneman made a ton of money and it was the most annoying thing in the world to watch. But look, Raymer surpassed most of the field, Hachem won, Matusow made the final table, Ivey made a lot, Farzhad cashed, etc.