Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Other Poker Games
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-06, 05:52 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 0
Send a message via AIM to elon05
Default Omaha

An important element of Omaha is counting your opponents' outs, especially when multi-handed...this is far more significant in Omaha than it is in Hold'em, and so, when you have bottom set and are against 3 opponents, you may start understanding why you should hate your hand.

For the purposes of this exercise, stack sizes are equal.

Small blind (SB): holds 5c-7c-8s-9s
Big blind (BB): holds 3d-5s-7s-8d
Position 1: Ac-Ad-4c-4d
Position 2:YOU Kd-Ks-10d-10s
Position 3: As-Qs-Jh-9h
Position 4: Kh-10h-6d-6c

Board: 10c-6s-4s-Kc

After the flop you have the best possible hand.
After the turn you have improved and still have the best possible hand.

Assuming that all 5 opponents go to the river with you (and looking at their hands/draws, they will), of the 24 remaining cards, how many cards let you win after the river?

And, in your opinion, what is the best card you could hope for to hit the river?
Old 08-25-06, 08:58 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by elon05 View Post
Assuming that all 5 opponents go to the river with you (and looking at their hands/draws, they will), of the 24 remaining cards, how many cards let you win after the river?
I'm not an Omaha expert, but it appears to me that the only cards available that could improve my position would be the remaining or , because either would bring a full house. The remaing K and 10 are in Position 4's hand, so four of a kind is not possible. BB has a straight flush if the hits, which is kind of scary.
Quote:
And, in your opinion, what is the best card you could hope for to hit the river?

Good exercise! I can't wait to see what I missed.
Old 08-29-06, 02:43 PM
Bust

Default omaha

what is the best starting hand for omaha is it aces or suited cards please let me know ty
Old 08-29-06, 04:54 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 2

i don;t think u will get an answer..cuz i think there are multiple opinion in best omaha starting hand...and in omaha is veeeery important the flop turn and river..more important then in holdem i think.my faveorite starting hand in omaha is AAKK suited..or AAKQ suted...or something like that..that can give u str8..flush ..or boat
Old 08-29-06, 09:27 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Quote:
An important element of Omaha is counting your opponents' outs, especially when multi-handed...this is far more significant in Omaha than it is in Hold'em, and so, when you have bottom set and are against 3 opponents, you may start understanding why you should hate your hand.

For the purposes of this exercise, stack sizes are equal.

Small blind (SB): holds 5c-7c-8s-9s
Big blind (BB): holds 3d-5s-7s-8d
Position 1: Ac-Ad-4c-4d
Position 2:YOU Kd-Ks-10d-10s
Position 3: As-Qs-Jh-9h
Position 4: Kh-10h-6d-6c

Board: 10c-6s-4s-Kc

After the flop you have the best possible hand.
After the turn you have improved and still have the best possible hand.

This is so outlandish. This will never and let me repeat NEVER ever happen, and there is truely no purpose to this excerise because you will NEVER see their cards. Why did you write this up? I know why and its a carebear reason.

Lyte look a lot closer at all their hands.
Old 08-30-06, 08:47 AM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:

The best card will be a or a , because they can't make nothing to beat you're full house. But this kind of hands doesn't exists. I all my time of playing poker i never saw something like this. First those 5 oponents will never go until the river with you if you make a good play. Also like ad1129 i saw something strange in those players hands:
All the players have 4 cards. Kidding
No, in their hands they all got packs of two cards of the same color. What are the chances. It was nice to try an example and i'm sure you can find a better one.
Old 08-30-06, 01:15 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via MSN to ad1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei24 View Post
The best card will be a or a , because they can't make nothing to beat you're full house. But this kind of hands doesn't exists. I all my time of playing poker i never saw something like this. First those 5 oponents will never go until the river with you if you make a good play. Also like ad1129 i saw something strange in those players hands:
All the players have 4 cards. Kidding
No, in their hands they all got packs of two cards of the same color. What are the chances. It was nice to try an example and i'm sure you can find a better one.

A 6 and a 4 gives two players quads...this hand would NEVER happen.
Old 08-30-06, 05:13 PM
Champion

BBP Points: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1129 View Post
A 6 and a 4 gives two players quads...this hand would NEVER happen.

You right. Didn't see that. So sorry elon but you can't beat them.

Last edited by sensei24 : 08-30-06 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-01-06, 07:02 AM
Short Stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1129 View Post
This is so outlandish. This will never and let me repeat NEVER ever happen, and there is truely no purpose to this excerise because you will NEVER see their cards. Why did you write this up? I know why and its a carebear reason.

What are you talking about. The odds of this hand being dealt are the exact same as any other random hand that could be dealt. To say this hand is impossible is ridiculous. Yes the odds of this hand being dealt is not very likely but it has the exact same odds as any other hand of being dealt. The point of this exercise is not to make some crazy hand, but to show you all the possible outcomes that can result in Omaha. After the turn it appears that you have the nuts but in reality it does not matter what card comes on the river you will lose to somebody. There is no card that you could hope for on the river.

If people don't have any real imput to give with their post then dont post and quit messing up the forum with stupid posts with no purpose.
Old 09-04-06, 08:50 PM
Short Stack

Here is the actual answer to the scenario if anyone really cares.

The 2,3, and J of spades remain - all are bad since you'll get 2nd flush and go broke on it. The BB would like to see the 3 for a straight flush, likely getting paid by you and #3.

Lots of hearts remain - A thru 8 and the Q. A puts a bigger set out, the 4 and 6 give someone else quads. The 3 gives 2 others a nut straight. The 2, 5, 7, 8 and Q also put out a straight. So every one of the hearts beats you.

2,3,8,9,J,Q of clubs remain, and of course any of those gives #1 the nut flush.

2,5,7,9,J,Q of diamonds remain. Same as the hearts, any one of those cards gives someone else a straight.

In short, YOU'RE SCREWED