Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Hand Analysis
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-06, 08:49 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243
Default bad beat? i think i played it pefectly

i was playing pokerlisting WPT freeroll where first prize was WPT main event package + 2500$. i wrote about this in WPT thread, but here i want to analyze my hand..

eraly stage of tourney, i think third or fourth dealt hand. AJ diamonds utg with 4 players and me in the game (others sitouting).
blinds 10/20.. i raised to 80 got two callers.
flop 10Q2 (didn't sure about 2) - two diamonds giving me nut-flush draw
i bet 60, one call, one re-raise to 300. i called, other player folded
turn was 7 diamonds giving me nuts on turn. i checked, re-raise guy moved.
he shows 1010, turn came Q.

i think i played that hand perfectly (i called that re-raise of 300, but i put him on set or Q10, and i think he put me on overpair! so if i hit that flush, i thought chances were gr8 to take his all stack.) i trapped him to move on turn, and he got lucky on river. i think he had 10 outs (10, 3xQ, 3x2, 3x7) to win that hand and that's not small percent. it was a biggest tourney i ever played (i was hoping for final table and dreaming about that prize - 202 players played) but later that was 2nd stack, finished 5th losing a 200k pot on final table with his AA allin preflop vs KK (chip leader) and short stacked QQ. guy with KK take his seat to WPT main event. is that a justice for that bad beat against me in the early stage, or he just had the premium hand in wrong time? i observed and watched FT and i'm sure that worst player is going to Atlantic City! that guy who kicked me deserved his seat there.

the question is about my and his hand? how would you play this hand in wsop final table against bigger stack ? i think nobody folded nuts ever! he had monster hand there too! Or, it is all about luck ?