Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-06, 01:44 AM
Bust

Location: broken hill...in the outback of australia,mining and tourism keep the place alive.
BBP Points: 0
Default Re-buy Tournaments

looking for some feedback on what bbp members think on re-buy tournaments,i do well in them...but i wont re-buy, if i lose all my chips in the re-buy hour i`ll bow out, but i will add on at the break. lots of loose play so if you play premuin hands you can go a long way.
Old 08-19-06, 11:15 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

If that startegy works for you then you should use it, but you just have to be aware that you are putting yourself at a disatvantage to the rest of the field that does rebuy.

I try to stay as far away as I can from rebuy tournys because if Im in one I take the Daniel Negreanu approach and move in with very loose cards because it doesnt make sense to me why you would because you can just rebuy your chips if you loose.
Old 08-19-06, 11:44 AM
Bubble

There was an excellent post on another site on how to play pokerstars rebuy tourneys. I do the occasional rebuy albeit it is not my favorite tourney type. I try to get thru the rebuy period without having to rebuy. I will take the addon however. I did rebuy once when I accidently hit the allin key when my screen jumped and I made the wrong move. All was good as I went on to cash and get way more then my outlay.

Realistically in some of the bigger tourneys you have to be willing to rebuy at least once or twice and do the add-on. If you are not willing to do so then you might as well play a freezeout.

Ive won tokens to some of the guarantee tourneys on Titan that are rebuys. I have gotten close to the money without rebuying for the $30 or $50 extra but in the end tight play during the rebuy period to avoid the aggressiveness of those rebuyind didnt allow me to get a big enough stack to be able to maneuver and cash.
Old 08-19-06, 11:45 AM
Bust

i do the same thing, i wont rebuy if i lose and if i am around the average amount of chips i will add-on. But if im doing well i wont do it ever cause id be mad if i didnt win that add on back. I have never had to rebuy for the ones that i have entered but im sure if i got knocked out i would be very tempted to buy in and get my chips back.
Old 08-19-06, 12:03 PM

BBP Points: 67
Send a message via MSN to BBP Guru

Here's two articles that talk about Rebuy Tourneys Part 1 and Rebuy Tourneys Part 2. Definately worth a look.
Old 08-19-06, 03:48 PM
Bust

Location: broken hill...in the outback of australia,mining and tourism keep the place alive.
Thumbs up taken on board

interesting and different views, filed em in me head and will use them. the rebuy strategies part 1 and 2 will definetely come in handy. thanks folks great feedback.
Old 08-19-06, 06:03 PM
Short Stack

Send a message via AIM to elon05
Default hate them

I hate playing in tournies that have rebuys. I personally never rebuy because I feel like if I already lost once things must not be going my way so I don't need to give up more money. I also feel that people in rebuy tourneis play extremely loose and care free so it makes for poor poker.
Old 08-19-06, 06:32 PM

The rebuy tournaments are different from Freezeouts. If you don't like rebuying or hate rebuying, you should simply stick with Freezeouts.
Old 08-19-06, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elon05 View Post
I also feel that people in rebuy tourneis play extremely loose and care free so it makes for poor poker.

It's not poor poker. It's part of the strategy elon. Maybe if you do more reading on Rebuy strategies, you'll know what i'm talking about.
Old 08-20-06, 02:41 AM
Bust

Default money attracts

It was the higher profits with the possibility of a re-buy frenzy to bump it up that attracted me to them.