| ||Trackback||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
Tells for monster hands preflop
Anybody have thoughts on this?
I've found these characteristics
- When people raise with these hands preflop (AA, KK, QQ), they hate seeing everyone fold so they try to suck in everyone with a very small raise or try to look perfectly normal with a very medium raise.
- When someone else bets in front of him, he will also re-raise fairly small
- The tighter guys will usually go for the small re-raises but loose guys will go for all-in re-raises.
- Even when tight guys call a bet in front of him, he is not afraid of going all-in.
- He is close to the money, he has fairly enough chips, everyone else is showing strength and yet he re-raises all-in
- The guy just calls, somebody else bets, he goes over-the-top with all-in
I like that play with pocket AA,s !! If a player raises, some do not like to be re-raised. But i don,t raise ALL IN or i may lose him or anyone else behind me. So i only re-raise the minimum and usually if there slightly tilting will re-raise a largere amount. Then i will push it ALL IN. So many players say never slow play AA,s but the reward can be well worth it.
Since quite a few players in freeroll and small buyin tournaments are fond of min-raising, an opening min-raise from them is seldom based on a premium pair. If you watch closely, you'll see different players tend to play these hands in different ways, but each person is likely to have one way they prefer. So, for one player, a min-raise might be the most common action with a big starting hand, while another may lean toward limping, and a third person toward over-betting. The goal is to figure who does what in order to optimize your chances against each of them.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tournament Tips||hulk75||Poker Tips/Strategies||12||09-21-06 08:49 PM|
|How many hands?||ScottMc||Limit Texas Hold'em||10||08-18-06 01:08 PM|
|My Theory on Poker||spresso81||No Limit Texas Hold'em||10||07-29-06 07:34 AM|
|Comparing hands||COBRA||Hand Analysis||0||02-05-06 06:26 PM|
|High Gapped Hands||jrs0507||No Limit Texas Hold'em||4||01-14-06 04:55 PM|