Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > Poker Tournaments
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-06, 07:06 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243
Default Million Mania on Titan?

that tourney ended about month ago.. Million bucks prize pool - place titan poker.. i thought it will be tighter, but i think 3h 30 mins was enough for final table.. i played some other tourneys and watched that table.. what was so interesting to me there.. when 3 players left.. i think 1st place was 300k, second 150k and 3rd 75k (something like that, maybe i mistaken in couple of grands) .. one player had 1,5x of two others stack..

those players with same stack moved.. one had JJ the other A3 .. i couldn't believe someone pushed the button for 75k with A3.. flop was empty, but turn was ace .. then the tourney stopped.. two left players pushed sitout button, gave one other email, and made a deal after 20 minutes... they shared 450k left in prize pool 240k/210 (30 k more for guy with A on turn - he had bigger stack in that moment..) .. the question: is that moral ? making a deal on million dollar tourney with 2 players left ?

and the second, i'm really intersted what's the feeling.. that turn gave him 165000$ extra!! in translation, he can buy a new house with that 3 outer.. and i really don't know how guy with jacks feeled.. 75k is awesome win, but he lost his keys of new house on that turn (or keys of new porsche ?)
Old 08-15-06, 10:04 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovla View Post
the question: is that moral ? making a deal on million dollar tourney with 2 players left ? ... that turn gave him 165000$ extra!! in translation, he can buy a new house with that 3 outer..
Well, as for the morality question, I would say that any deal that all the players agree to is moral. If the third place player had requested a deal, perhaps all of them would have settled for something else.

As for the $165,000 buying a house, that depends on where you live. If you live in Denver, like I do, that will only buy you a junky house or a small condo. To get into a nice house, you have to go closer to the $250,000 - $300,000 range. However, in other parts of the U.S.A., it is possible to get a nice place for $165,000.

Of course, I have no idea what the housing costs in Serbia are like; would $165,000 American buy a pretty decent place there?
Old 08-16-06, 06:55 AM
Chip Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytspeed View Post
Of course, I have no idea what the housing costs in Serbia are like; would $165,000 American buy a pretty decent place there?

hmmm... you can buy a nice 75-80m2 apartment in good location in belgrade!

one square meter is about 1500-2000euros.. on one of the best locations in the belgrade (the capital city of serbia)! so i think 165000$ would be enough for excelent place for living
Old 08-16-06, 02:44 PM
gooder

BBP Points:

i dont see anything rong with making a deal. I had a plan if i ever was one game away for the jackpot winning sit and goes. And i made it to final table and if i won that game i would get a huge jackpot!! I was going to tell very one at that table to let me win ad i would pay them 50 or somthing dollars. I dont know if that would have worked or not... never won enough in a row to find out.
Old 08-16-06, 05:23 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooder View Post
I was going to tell very one at that table to let me win ad i would pay them 50 or somthing dollars. I dont know if that would have worked or not... never won enough in a row to find out.
Um ... I'm not sure that would even work on me, Gooder, and I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
Old 08-16-06, 05:50 PM
Chip Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooder View Post
i dont see anything rong with making a deal. I had a plan if i ever was one game away for the jackpot winning sit and goes. And i made it to final table and if i won that game i would get a huge jackpot!! I was going to tell very one at that table to let me win ad i would pay them 50 or somthing dollars. I dont know if that would have worked or not... never won enough in a row to find out.

neah.. man.. don't try that, you would only get the banned from titan for trying to make a deal in jackpots (they are watching chat-logs from every jackpot tourney)
i won 3 dirty dozens in a row when started playing holdem, and was 3rd or 4th in last one..
i really wanted to make a deal in that one
but in that case, house loses because you cheated your 4th win in that jackpot.. and they have right to ban you and take your not-deserved prize .. in the heads-up for million dollars, the prize pool is announced before the start of tourney, so it is your right to share it with another player (or players) in final table any way you want.. it is not the 5$ difference between the places, so i would rather like to take good money right there, than to be sucked by someone on turn or river for 150k (like that guy in million mania).. that's my point of view for that things..