Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Tournament Talk > World Poker Tour
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-06, 04:16 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Will WPT eventually fade out?

According to several pros, the WPT is one of their least favorite tournament hosts. They say the blinds raise too high and its a made for T.V. program. If a camera breaks down or something the blind clock continues, but the game is halted so no one misses a big hand for T.V. purposes. Thats why i ask "Will the WPT eventually fade out?" If pros start to leave the WPT and play in tours like the heartland poker tour or the professional poker tour or other similar ones, whats going to stop the WPT from going under?
Old 08-13-06, 06:41 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91

No way will it fade away. The poker frenzy (fueled by T.V.) will only get stronger. It's every player dream to go to and make a final table on one of these tours. I only wish I'd entered the WSOP 10 or fifteen years ago when the playing field was less than 100 people.
Old 08-13-06, 09:03 PM
Bust

Laurie i think you got the wrong idea by this post! im only talking about the World Poker Tour. The WSOP will never die and either will the poker but im just saying due to the poor structure of WPT tournies and only WPT tournies will pros eventually start to leave that particular tour
Old 08-14-06, 09:51 AM
Bust

Recently several players have launched a lawsuit against the WPT concerning rights to promote their own names. If they don't start to be more player friendly I think that their existence may be threatened.
Old 08-14-06, 12:28 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 174

I dont think that the WPT will die out because if more pros do start to drop out of WPT events I think that fields might go up because some people might think that they will have more chance to win with not as many pros. So as long as the WPT as "Million Dollar Tournament" people will still watch it.
Old 08-17-06, 06:54 AM
Bust

If the pros stop playing WPT, it might hurt the ratings! The "small guy makes a lucky run" underdog stories will always be entertaining, but some hard-cores might turn away if they don't see big names at the final tables. The increasing popularity and the fact that sites give away more travel and entry packages will increase the fields to the point that the pros will be hard pressed to win big in them, just like they are now in the WSOP Main Event.

As far as the too-fast blind increases goes, I think that's life. The online players are used to it, playing big-bet poker towards the end of tournaments. With the fields getting bigger, they have to keep the blinds going up quickly, or the tournaments would take 20 days to finish!
Old 10-18-07, 05:51 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 28

@Randy - you are definitely right about the blinds.

I don't the WPT hope it will die....love to watch it.
Anyway, I think it is far to popular!!