Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > Chit Chat > Introduce Yourself
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-06, 08:53 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 40
Default New members--let us know a little about you!

To all the new members of late: Say hello, and start getting to know your new poker buddies! I promise we won't bite (unless it's HU..then you might want to watch out!)
Old 08-18-06, 04:32 AM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

Hello Thinkerbell im new here, what do you do? I dont even know how to play poker, is it when you find a girl and start poking her? Because thats what i thought poker was. You guys must all be professionals, could you teach me how to play. And what is this so called Hold'em game i hear everyone talk about? Do you just like hold your cards up to show everyone and try to play like that? Or maybe its like gold fish where you ask another person for a card and try to make the best poker hand. By gosh i think i got it .

-Drago

To the End!
Old 08-18-06, 06:59 AM
Chip Leader

Here's how you play Hold 'Em, Drago...

If you're the first one to act, and you have cards with low numbers on them, like 3,5 or 2,7, you make a nice big bet. And it's polite to tell the other players what you have in your hand. When they call your bet, you put all your chips in the middle. Then when the hand is over, somebody takes all your chips. Politely thank them for taking them. You will get asked to many, many poker games if you play this way.

On the other hand, never, never, never put any chips in if you have matching cards in your hand, like AA or KK. Those are the worst cards you can have and you need to fold them right away. In fact, any cards that match, even 22, are extremely bad news. You must avoid those hands at all costs. And after you fold them, say something like..."Phew, am I glad to be rid of those pocket rockets!"

A final note, any time you are in a hand with Thinkerbell, the best thing to do is to fold. You don't want to tangle with her.

So that's all there is to it! Good luck Drago, and I really look forward to seeing you at the tables.
Old 08-18-06, 11:34 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Talking Hi there!!

I am a newbie here, my name is Linda and i live in the part of sweden known as Norrland. Norrland consists of half of sweden, but it is not the part of sweden that counts..lol
Anyways, i just turned 30, have two daughters who turned 9 and 7 this july. I have been off and on in my pokerplaying, but now i am pokercrazy. I love the game and i love the fact that one can learn so much!

I am here to be taught ofcourse, from those of you whit other experiences than me, but also to get a few friends

Well, that's me
Old 08-18-06, 12:19 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylah View Post
Norrland consists of half of sweden, but it is not the part of sweden that counts..lol

Hi Kaylah! I can see you'll fit in just fine with this crowd. Welcome to the group, and good luck on the virtual tables.

(FWIW, my grandfather was from Malm, so there's a little bit of Sweden in this American. )
Old 08-19-06, 01:52 PM
Chip Leader

Talking

Hi Kayla,

Welcome to the forum! Gee, pretty soon the Europeans are going to outnumber the Yanks!
Old 08-19-06, 03:32 PM

BBP Points: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkerbell View Post
Welcome to the forum! Gee, pretty soon the Europeans are going to outnumber the Yanks!
I've noticed that Titan tends to have significantly more players from outside the U.S. than some of the other sites do. I'm guessing this is due to the media blitz provided by sites like PokerStars.net ("not a gambling site") and PartyPoker.net ("not a gambling site.")

I played the other day with two people from Hungary, one Latvian, two Frenchmen, a German, a Brit, and a Canadian. I was the only Yank at the table.
Old 09-13-06, 08:19 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 6
Send a message via AIM to Southern Yankee Send a message via MSN to Southern Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to Southern Yankee Send a message via Skype? to Southern Yankee
Smile About Me

Hi Everyone. I started playing Holdem poker a couple of months ago after I lost my job. I enjoy playing freeroll tournaments to pass the hours. I am filling up my disk with poker rooms, lol. I use Southern Yankee or a variation of the name on most tables. However, I have used MEBratton or MEBratto on a couple of sites. Hope to see you at the tables
Old 09-13-06, 08:45 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default hello

hello thinkerbell.. im a newbie. im 19 from sunny england. i just love 2 play poker. i mainly play on poker.com and i was just looking 4 some good forums and found this. i hope 2 me all the nice ppl here and b playing against them soon.. well thats it hope 2 c u around -222crawf
Old 09-20-06, 10:30 AM
Chip Leader

Hi crawf,
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad it's sunny for you in England, because it's been nothing but rain rain and more rain for me here in Pennsylvania. Good luck and see you at the tables!

« Hi All | hiiiiiii »