Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-06, 07:59 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Freeroll strategy!!!

Everybody here has probably played a freeroll with 50 to 2000 players involved in one. here is a strategy that i beleive opens up more cashing opportunities: 1. early in the tournament play very few hands unless getting in cheap. Sit back and watch 100s of players fly out of the tournament. 2. when blinds start to get bigger and it starts to have an impact on ur chip stack....relly start being an aggressor of the table w/ pretty good to great hands and try to double up or win pots. this will have a big effect considering people have noticed u playing few hands. 3. When it comes down to the remaing bubble boys...if u happen to be on the bubble...outlast ur opponents by only playing monsters and watching there tables to see when the blinds will hit. I believe this could help your freeroll strategys
Old 08-13-06, 08:32 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 243

it really depends of the tourney structure.. if it is a freeroll with little players everyone plays tight from the start and believes that with 1-2 big pots taken can be in the money.. if it is a freeroll with 10000 players on stars.. i think you need much luck besides your skill to qualify to the next round..

on the early stages of bad tourneys i'll probably call a move with medium pocket pair on early stage because many players there going allin with crap hands like Q4 or something, and you have great odds to double your stack there. against tight players, and players who i have in my notes as good.. i would usually fold marginal hands, if i'm not sleepy too much
Old 08-13-06, 08:39 AM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 40

The other aspect of your strategy is that in the huge tournaments, you may get moved from table to table. The other players may have no awareness of your tight playing style, so any bet you make may get called anyway.
Old 08-13-06, 08:57 AM
Bust

Default freeroll stategy

I think you should play hands early since they are cheap and 1 thing that annoys me is all the players that sit out.. Every site should have a rule if your not there at the beginning of the games then you should be disqualified.
Old 08-13-06, 10:33 AM
Bust

Arrow

i dont think sit outs should get to play either after a certain amount of time but i ment that relly u should only sit back and play monsters for a short period of time depending on your freeroll table(s). The main thing is for the first 10 hands or so just get an idea of how your table is playing on your first and next table is playing... hopefully thats more clear
Old 10-10-06, 06:32 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 91

Sit outs should be removed from the tables, but this does not include tight players who fold every hand. I play tight during the early going of tourneys just wait out the idiots who think that a tourney is over and done with in an hour or two. People don't realize that most tourneys take between 4-5 hours to complete.
Old 10-11-06, 01:46 PM
Chip Leader

BBP Points: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscrons24 View Post
Everybody here has probably played a freeroll with 50 to 2000 players involved in one. here is a strategy that i beleive opens up more cashing opportunities: 1. early in the tournament play very few hands unless getting in cheap. Sit back and watch 100s of players fly out of the tournament. 2. when blinds start to get bigger and it starts to have an impact on ur chip stack....relly start being an aggressor of the table w/ pretty good to great hands and try to double up or win pots. this will have a big effect considering people have noticed u playing few hands. 3. When it comes down to the remaing bubble boys...if u happen to be on the bubble...outlast ur opponents by only playing monsters and watching there tables to see when the blinds will hit. I believe this could help your freeroll strategys

1)i agree
2)i agree but that depends on the freerol..in some freerols u cannot be an agresor becouse of the calling stations
3)i agree
ps>> what is the difrence in buy ins? i think is the same thing...
Old 10-15-06, 12:24 PM
Bust

Default Freeroll help

When i enter freerolls iv not been getting any good hands early on. So as the blinds rise my stack decreases. I think im going out to the blinds so I make moves with mediocre hands such as and get eliminated. What should I do when im not etting good cards early on considering iv been caught out when waiting for big hands.
Old 10-20-06, 05:39 AM
Bust

I finished in the money on a full tilt freeroll. I played with a mixture of stratergies. When I had good cards I didnt really slow play but only when I had worked out my opponents. There was a guy playing very aggressive and very loose. I ws dealt and checked them. He came and betting and I just kept calling until I hit my card . He raised I reraised all in he called. I take down a large pot.

In another instance there was a guy bluffing a lot because he ws showing his bluff. I had big slick . He raised i called. Then he went for the bluff I expected and he moved all in. I called and took down another player and won the pot.

I never had position in them hands so I had to make sure I didnt give anyone a chance to bully me.

I largely stayed out of the way until I found my cards. However you may have to play cards such as and . These you have to see cheap flops and hope you hit. If you dont then fold.
Old 11-06-06, 01:05 AM
Bust

BBP Points: 42

I have this strategy for freerolls: Preflop:AA allin , KK allin , AK allin , everything else extremely tight. After flop if I have some monster I go allin, everything else extremely tight. This is very good strategy for the first levels. Afterwards I change the strategy, but it depends on many factors: prize, players, stack ...