Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > Poker Tips/Strategies
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-06, 05:51 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Suggestions on playing post flop

I am looking of suggestions if playing hands post flop. eg. you hold AJ suited and have found your way to the flop. The flop comes 10,5,10 rainbow and one opponent in a middle position makes a pot sized bet or near pot sized bet.
This is where I have my question because in a utopian world no poker player worth a damn would make a pot sized bet with the ten at this point.
The only reason for betting is holding the five, pocket fives and hoping someone is on the ten, or just a bluff attempt. With holding two nice overcards and the only the slight chance the guy is on 5,5 do you gamble here or just get the hell outta the way?
Old 07-30-06, 02:00 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

Get the hell out of the way lol. Fishing is never an option unless your fishing for the right reasons. And there is a betting strategy that people will bet a set on the flop against a raise to see if they will reraise them right back for more chips. It is very effective i must say. Also about the chasing there is a song i must ask you to remember

"People who chase for straights and flushes, come on planes and leave on buses"

Moral of the story, most fishing will cause you to lose more than you gain.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 08-23-06, 01:05 PM
Bust

Easy fold. All you have is an Ace high. If he has the five he is still a favorite over your hand. I would definitely cut my losses and wait for a better opportunity.
Old 08-23-06, 04:33 PM
Bust

Cool

If you havent watched the player play for a while then the best option is to fold, but sometimes that is a legit call if you notice this player has a betting pattern that is out of control and overly aggressive.
Old 08-27-06, 05:44 PM
Short Stack

Unless you're in a short-stacked situation, what's the point in gambling? Yes, you could have six outs with your overcards and there's some chance of picking off a bluff. However, you could also be walking into a number of situations where you're drawing even thinner. For instance, why can't the bettor have a 10? Thinking no one would ever bet out with a set is just plain wrong. In fact, quite a few top pros recommend betting out because quite a few players won't give you credit for the set if you do. There's also the possibility of an overpair or even a full house to consider.

So, unless you have a very good tell or other strong indicator that the opponent is weak enough so you can successfully make a play to take the hand away on the turn or river, either of which involves risking a lot more chips, it's a very easy fold.