Blind Bet Poker Forum

Go Back   Blind Bet Poker Forum > General Poker Talk > No Limit Texas Hold'em
Register
FAQ Members List CalendarChat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hollywood Poker | Paradise Poker | Inter Poker | Noble Poker | Ultimate Bet | Bodog Poker
Full Tilt Poker - 100% Deposit Bonus UP TO $600 | Titan Poker - WPT Legends of Poker 2006
Doyles Room - 110% Deposit Bonus UP TO $550 | Party Poker - $20 Million in Monster Freerolls

Trackback Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-06, 01:43 PM
Bust

BBP Points: 0
Default Call or Not

Usually when you bet you either want a call or fold...Well usually. Well if you want an opponent to call your bet you got to make your bet desirable. For example like those car commercials they make the car look so good a superior and that the car can do anything. Thats kinda like the bet you want to make them look nice and neat look. The more cool a bet looks the more an opponent wants to call.
Well if youre trying to steal the pot or bluff your really wont an opponent to fold their cards into the muck. Well how do you do this? Try to bet as much over the fair price as you can get your opponent to call. Or to get opponents to fold easier bet just a bit more then a big pot they took down. Of course no one want to lose a proud pot they took down..Unless they have a big hand.

~FrostPoker~
Old 07-22-06, 03:34 PM
Short Stack

BBP Points: 65

For me I usually try to keep the same thing going all the time. I will usually raise the same amount with each hand and bet the same amount to reveal the strength of my hand. Usually that is enough to keep my oponent in with my since depending on a table i use a different strategy. On a tight table i play looser and take small pots when i need to and become more agressive because im bound to get more callers. I usually only do this with hands though that can back me up like any two descent face cards or if i got the position. If i want my oponent to stay in with me if i flop something spectacular i usually just check. Hoping they hit something nice on the turn to reel them in.

-Drago

To the End!
Old 07-23-06, 04:28 PM
Bubble

call that maybe raise
Old 07-23-06, 04:38 PM
Bubble

Default huh not feeling u frosty

i do agree with the guy above me for ring games as far as always betting the same especially preflop in ring games giving a guy no idea if u have AA or 44 is huge and paysoff when you start hitting some sets/ As far as how I bet in tourneys I dont usually bet because I want a call most of the time I am betting to say hey I have best hand (whether I do or not) and I would like you to fold or call and pay me off./ Preflop is the only time I want a call on a big raise but if I am really strong I only want one call. However after the flop if I remain the best hand especially an overwhelming favorite you likely wont see me bet its all about checking and letting your opponent hang himself, occasionally this backfires and I get drawn out on, but in the long run I win way bigger pots and as long as I know when I am beat I can laydown hands and it works. If I do bet after the flop I pretty much would like to take the pot down now, only in situations with drastically slow tables or a bunch of calling stations do i want to bet just to get called, of course thats different in heads up where u do have to initiate alot of the betting. anyways theres my rambling thoughts on betting.